Branson: July 18, 2010

Highlights from today: (click here for pictures)


Our alarms started waking up around 7-Graham is happy once he gets his milk and then he is delighted to see Campbell who wakes up kicking and grinning.  Soon Anderson was climbing down the ladder and Reagan was pretending to be asleep.  We packed up fairly quickly (for us) and were on the road a little after 8:30.


Our first stop was about 1 mile from the hotel.  I had run out of breakfast food so a McDonald stop was mandatory.  The boys had pancakes and would have eaten more (they each had 1 and 1/2) and Reagan picked at her biscuit.  She probably would have enjoyed a pancake but she is becoming slightly finicky about her food. 


Stop 2 was before we made it to Harrison-Robby was tired and needed me to drive.  And then about three minutes after we pulled away from the rest stop, Anderson let us know that he had to go to the bathroom.  We found a bathroom for stop number 3.  And were soon back on the road and quickly started smelling an odor from Campbell-yep, a dirty diaper.


We did press on as far as we could-Campbell was soon fussing, Graham was mad and screaming (this happens a lot) and Reagan was hit by Anderson so she was crying as well.  Since I had seen a giant billboard for Fergusons and their cinnamon rolls we stopped there.  After diaper changes, bathroom stops, gift shop browsing and rocking in the rocking chairs-we didn’t even manage to get a cinnamon rolls.  But everyone was content back in the car so it was a worthwhile stop.


We made it home a little after 1 and were unloaded with suitcases unpacked and clothes already in the dryer by 2.  The kids enjoyed being home for a few minutes and played with most of their toys before rest time.  They were glad to be home but they were anxious to start their trip at Grannymom’s house.


After snacks for supper, we went to church tonight.  Campbell was as happy as she could to see her teachers, Reagan and Anderson ran in their class and started coloring and playing.  But poor Graham, he fussed and fussed.  When Dad picked him up, they told him that he fussed the entire time and wanted his Daddy.  He is sure a Daddy’s boy! (hope all goes well while Dad is gone this week)


We saw Nonna and Pops in the hall and were delighted to see them and play chase.  Pops picked up all of the kids bikes since they may do a little bit of bike riding later this week.  Then we took everyone to Grannymom and Grandpa’s house.  They knew that we were leaving but no one seemed to care.  Campbell was sitting up playing with toys and the rest were playing with cars.  We said our goodbyes, told everyone we would call them and started our vacation!

No comments: