September 25, 2012

Painting a Birdhouse!
(click here for today's pictures)
  • Campbell, who had spent the night at Nonna's house, woke up at 6:30 and said "is it 7 yet?"  Nonna let her climb in bed with her but before too long Campbell wanted to get up and take a shower.  And not too long after breakfast, Campbell asked "when is my Mommy and Daddy going to pick me up."  Nonna said that she was going to take her home and soon they were on their way to our house.  Poor Campbell sobbed when she walked into the house today and I told her that her Daddy was at work.  Pitiful.  
  • Now Graham woke up at 4 and squirmed in our bed until he said that his tummy hurt.  I suggested that he go to the bathroom and it was a good thing that he did.  The poor child!  He seemed fine this morning so we sent him to school-though I hope he wasn't as gassy at school as he was during the rest of the day.  
  • After Graham left, we started school here.  Nonna did give everyone a break when she dropped off Campbell and stayed to play for a bit.  Then after she left, we got back on track and finished on time. I made Reagan watch a few extra of her math videos (there is a 3-5 minute clip of the teacher man explaining the lesson)  I usually don't have them watch them since they just quickly pick up what is new.  I should probably make Anderson watch a few extra ones in the morning.
  • After lunch, everyone helped me straighten bit-we made it fun today by using the hula hoop.  They would roll it and where it landed, we had to pick up everything that was touching it and inside of it-whatever works.  
  • Reagan was anxious for the little girls to take their naps so she could get started on painting her birdhouse.  Anderson was just as happy to paint as well.  Reagan was very meticulous about painting the birdhouse-only the first coat of yellow today.  And Anderson was just a meticulous about painting her apple orchard and beach scene.  They were still painting when Campbell woke up from her nap.  So then she started painting as well.  
  • Before too long, it was time for Grannymom and Grandpa to come over.  Grandpa did a bit of electrical work while Grannymom played with the kids outside.  Soon we had supper followed by more play time outside.  Then it was time for showers and time for me to sneak out of the house for the grocery store.   
  • So checking out at Kroger tonight, I encountered the coupon natzi.  I stood my ground and saved my 60 cents!  Ha!  The lady was trying to tell me that I didn't have 3 cans of refried beans but wouldn't go up and see that indeed I did and then she tried to tell me that I had to buy the item on the picture of the coupon....aaaah!  After all of that I had to have a good snack when I made it home!

No comments: