August 12, 2012

(click here for today's pictures)

  • Sunday morning and no one asked for doughnuts for breakfast-kind of an odd day to start the day.  They did have waffles, toast, pancakes and the traditional favorite of peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  We were ready and out the door in time to sit in the church parking lot for a few minutes before going into the church house.
  • We dropped the first round of kids off at their classes and Campbell walked in without a fuss this morning.  Woo hoo!  But of course next week everyone will have all new classes and all new teachers.  All 5 kids had a great group of teachers this year and I kind of hate to get all new teachers....though I do know Graham's teachers will be awesome (Robby and I) and Reagan's teachers will also be wonderful since they were also my first grade teachers at church.
  • After church, we went to Grannymom's house for lunch.  The kids were ecstatic to see Lilly and Cash who we haven't seen in over a month.  The kids gobbled their food and then were ready to play with their cousins.  After a while Lilly and Cash had to leave so we played for a bit before heading home. 
  • At home, we had told the kids that they could swim so after putting Keaton down for a nap, the rest of us headed outside.  I don't know if the pool was cold (we didn't blow up the slide-trying to let it dry out).  But the kids didn't really splash and play in the pool much.  But that had a wonderful time sliding down the little slide into the pool and then they all worked together pouring bucket after bucket full of water out of the pool and onto the grass.  Robby and I just sat and watched them do this-sometimes I just don't understand my kids.
  • We did have watermelon this afternoon and since Anderson begged for some Robby thought that he should be able to have some.  Robby said that the worst could happen would Anderson would get itchy again but I countered with the worst that could happen would be his throat swell up and we have to rush to the emergency room.  Thankfully, neither happened today.  I did only let him have one piece and then tried to distract him with graham crackers.
  • Back inside the house they had showers and then everyone played for a bit.  I fixed a bit of supper and then we all loaded up again for church.  We are going to start going back to church on Sunday nights and since the choir did a special little concert, we started back tonight.
  • Of course Reagan and Anderson go to church with us now.  And Graham also went to big church tonight because he will begin going weekly starting next Sunday.  But we also decided to let Campbell come with us tonight.  I don't really know why we decided that-maybe because we have completely lost our minds.  The child was fine but she won't be going back to big church any time soon!  She was so proud of herself when I told her that she did a good job and couldn't wait to tell Nonna and Grannymom that she went to big church.  
  • Towards the end of church, Anderson asked if there was going to be food after church-he was hoping there would some type of reception but alas there was not and we headed home for popsicles.  Tomorrow is Comm Central day so after our snack it was bedtime for the Dennie bunch.

No comments: