August 16, 2012

(click here for today's pictures)

  • Work morning for me so it was Grannymom morning for the kids.  It didn't take too long for the kids to get ready.  When they walked down the steps they all decided that they wanted to eat breakfast at Grannymom's house (their ploy to get their earlier) but before I knew it, everyone was asking for breakfast at home.  Since I had no food in the house, I had to pull out the Sunday doughnuts.  
  • The kids all had a blast with Grannymom and Grandpa.  Everyone did a bit of school work, Keaton worked on walking while just holding one hand and everyone loved playing at Lilly and Cash's new park.
  • Robby and I ran to the grocery store and filled are cart with many random things-8 jars of peanut butter, 5 boxes of popsicles-things like that is why we should probably not go grocery shopping together.
  • We then picked up the kids and headed home.  After they played for a while, the little girls had a nap and the rest of us did school.  The principal (Robby) did show up a few times to pass out candy.  The school day went smoothly-probably because of the candy!
  • Soon it was time to gobble down supper and then head out the door for football try outs.  Robby was helping so I had the kids moving to station to station alone.  They were perfect-the boys would go right to the line and stand ready until the person told them to go.  They were so focused.  And much to my delight, when the ball was thrown both boys caught it (once for Graham and twice for Anderson)-I couldn't have asked for more.  Football will be a bit harder than soccer-don't expect to be on the winning team this year.
  • On our way home, I text Dana and soon Lilly and Cash were here for our cousin day.  The kids were beyond thrilled and I was too-until Dana said it is going to rain tomorrow-there goes my plans of water sliding, outdoor scavenger hunts and a solar oven.  Ha!!  Oh well, I have all evening to work on my rain plans (also known as my plans to keep 7 kids busy all day long indoors)
  • Robby suggested that we all load up and go and get icees and this idea was met with many squeals of delight.  So both cars were filled and we drove to the gas station, all unloaded and bought 4 icees.  In the parking lot, we split them 6 ways and somehow Keaton even got herself an empty cup to play with.  
  • Back at the house, we had cupcakes leftover from Grannymom and then it was lots of playtime before bed.  It was nearly 10 when we had everyone lay down and surprisingly we only went up there twice before no more sounds were heard by the kiddos.   

No comments: