August 25, 2012

(click here for today's pictures

  • Campbell was the first one to wake up this morning around 7 and her and I laid on the couch for a few minutes before the boys finally realized it was time to wake up.  We then had breakfast and the kids all started playing in the toy room.  I went to their bedroom and started working on Sunday clothes and Anderson peeked his head in and asked when Reagan was going to get up.  He had forgotten that she had spent the night at Nonna and Pops' house.  Poor guy missed his sister but Graham and him had the entire day to play together and that is good for them.
  • We had a pretty lazy morning and didn't really do too much.  Grannymom and Grandpa came over for Grandpa to work on a lawnmower belt with Robby.  Grannymom played multiple rounds of hide and seek with the kids.  Graham played some but also took time to help me make some brownies.  And this evening when Reagan stepped foot in the car, Campbell made sure that she shouted at Reagan "we had brownies just like you."  This led to them all having to compare everything that they did, ate, saw, heard and played during the hours that they were all apart.  
  • Back to the morning though, after the lawnmower belt was on we had lunch and then a bit more playing.  When Grannymom and Grandpa left, we took everyone on a walk/bike ride.  We are getting into the habit of wearing helmets-I know we should but those boys just sweat so much.  I know though that a hot head is better than a head that is cracked open.  They are getting much better on their bikes and we even rode down the street to see the horse today (I love country living).  
  • Then we came inside for showers and naps for the little girls.  Graham and Anderson watched a movie and then Graham laid down with me and Robby and Anderson watched another movie.  When Campbell woke up, we all started getting ready for tonight.
  • After leaving the house, we picked up Reagan at Nonna's house and then I ran into Walmart to pick up a few things while Robby bought me gas. Then we arrived at the McGuires.  The kids immediately played outside and really played outside most of the evening.  We had a delicious supper and stayed late (well, late for people that had to come home and get 5 kids bathed and in bed for Sunday church in the morning but not really that late for young people-which are no longer!)  

No comments: