Dennie Kids: January 28, 2011

4 in a row....
Highlights from today: (click here for pictures)
  • Last night started off well until about 12:45…Graham woke up and woke up ready to get up.  After almost an hour of trying to get him to calm down, he said his ear hurt.  These simple words got him a free pass right to Mom’s bed (Dad escaped to the couch).  After a few hours (about 4:45) Graham finally fell asleep once him and Mom sat in a chair.
  • Reagan and Anderson were up first and laying around Graham when he finally poked his head up and said “where’s my milk?”  Poor Dad was lounging around on the couch thinking it was Saturday morning until Mom finally had to break the news to him that it was Friday.  Needless to say, he was very, very disappointed.
  • The next thing Mom did was make an appointment for Graham (though she debated it because he didn’t really have a runny nose, fever or anything else)  Everyone had breakfast on the couch and then started playing.  We spent the entire morning playing which included playing with each and everyone of our toys!
  • Dad rushed home so Mom could take only Graham to the doctors (yes, rushed especially since he was about 3 minutes late).  Mom and Graham were in the van and Reagan and Anderson were standing outside (questioning who would stay at home with them)
  • Graham was a trooper at the doctor and did in fact have puss in one ear and a bulging ear drum in the other.  Poor baby!  But all he was concerned about during our wait was going home and getting some milk.  As soon as Mom and Graham made it home, Dad left to head back to work
  • Since the weather was so beautiful, we went to Lilly’s park.  The kids were so excited-they slid and climbed and walked around the loop 2 times.  Campbell even got in on the sliding-but Mom never took the perfect picture that she had in her mind!
  • Back at home, everyone took a rest.  Reagan and Anderson were pretty wired though but Mom didn’t hear too much from them since she might possibly have been snoozing.  Next up was some Phineas and Ferb and then getting ready to eat out
  • We ate at McAlisters and then made our way to Sams to pick up Graham’s medicine and have an icee and possibly even more importantly was picking up lots and lots of milk.  Back at home it was bedtime and everyone seems to be sleeping peacefully

No comments: