Dennie Kids: January 4, 2011

Highlights from today: (click here for pictures)

  • This was our first day back in the swing of things after the holiday (well most of us).  Reagan and Anderson were off of school for one more day.  The rest of us made it to work and school at a fairly decent time. 
  • Robby said that Graham didn’t fuss until after he left the room-he also said that he was about to walk back in the room and get the boy and take him back home.  Reagan and Anderson didn’t have to think twice about spending the day with Nonna.  They went to the library for story time, played with fuzzoodles and went to see Beebee and Papaw
  • Mom picked up Graham and he was so happy to see her.  Campbell’s teachers said that she had thrown one fit but also at one time during the day, the teacher was giving Campbell cheerios one at a time.  Each time she handed her one, she would put one on her pants leg for Campbell to pick up.  Later, when the teacher gave Campbell one in her hand, Campbell placed it on her leg and then picked it up to eat it.
  • While Mom was at work today, the nurse called to tell her about Anderson’s allergy test.  She started off by saying that he was allergic to quite a bit-tomatoes, corn, peanuts, walnuts, every tree, every grass, dog, cat…and there were a few that Mom couldn’t write down the nurse was rattling them off so quick.  Goodness gracious.  Needless to say, we will make an appointment with an allergist tomorrow.
  • Nonna and Pops brought Reagan and Anderson home and after they left, everyone started getting on their Razorback Red.  Mom didn’t think too much about it when Graham started talking about the razorback in his cage (we saw it last time we went tailgating) but when Anderson said that maybe Jacob would be there, Mom knew she was in trouble….the kids thought we were going to the game.
  • Mom had just showed them where the game was and where we were on the map when Dad walked in.  Dad could see the disappointment on the faces and quickly thought about getting the inflatable hog out, which led to the inflatable football man, which led to the inflatable goal post and Razorback flag.  Soon all of this led to a full blown family night.
  • Family Night-we had our hot dogs and cheese dip (football food) and even took a few family pictures.  Mom quickly whipped up a brownie in a football shaped pan (and there is a reason there are no pictures of it).  After supper while Mom and Dad cleaned up, the kids had to find 3 red things.  Then everyone had a turn throwing the ball to the inflatable football man and playing catch with Dad.  Next up, was putting on pajamas-they all had to find some with red on them (everyone did all by themselves-even Graham).  Then we devoured Mom’s football brownie.  After Campbell went down for the night, it was time for the football game. 
  • Anderson was on the edge of his seat the entire time.  When the touchdown was called back and Robby said the player put his wrist down-Anderson shouted “I don’t know what a wrist is”   He even said that he was going to be a football player when he grows up. 

No comments: