July 21, 2016

(click here for pictures)
  • I knew that I was being a bit silly last night when I set my alarm clock to ring this morning.  I set it for a time that I should have already been up and going strong but instead we were all still in the bed.  Not even the boys were awake so I quickly turned that thing off and we slept for a bit longer.  
  • When we finally did stir, Robby was made breakfast while I tried to work a bit in the house.  We had quite the breakfast-bacon, biscuits, eggs and orange juice.  Someone even asked if it was Saturday already.  
  • After we had eaten, we all went right to work.  The kids did their one little school thing with me and when they weren't doing that, they were cleaning or packing.  We are headed to Dallas for a few days and they have all packed in their backpacks.  This is the first time that we have packed in backpacks for a road trip with the kids and we will see how it works.  
  • This pretty much took us all morning long-the kids did have time to play on their ipads and xbox some. Around noon, we loaded up and headed off to see Beebee.  Not only had Robby made our breakfast but he also grilled us hot dogs to have at our lunch at the pool today.  I think that I would prefer for him to work from home every day of the week.
  • Beebee was happy to see everyone today.  Her candy box was full when we arrived and empty when we left.  She was just getting her lunch so she was eating most of the time that we were there.  Graham told her all about his birthday party and Reagan explained all about shopping with Nonna and everyone told her all about our upcoming trip.
  • When we left, there the sky was a bit dark and I explained to the kids that it might rain on us at the pool and we would stay as long as we could and not immediately leave if it rained.  We had swam about an hour and a half when the whistle was blown for thunder.  We all climbed out and it thundered and thundered and thundered.  The sky was beautiful and there was no sign of a storm anywhere nearby (the map showed it to be downtown.)  
  • After waiting a good hour, we finally called it and loaded up for home.  It was hot, hot out there waiting to get back in the pool and I think that most everyone was happy to be heading to the cool house.  Except when we arrived back at our cool house, Robby and I spent the next hour outside in the hot car packing it up.  This packing isn't for the faint of heart.
  • While we were packing, the kids cycled through the showers and before too long it was supper time.  I tried to clean out the fridge some with supper and then when we had finished, we headed to Grannymom's house.  
  • Grannymom had made ice cream and cookies for us to celebrate Lilly's birthday.  Graham even helped blow out the candle since his birthday is right around the corner.  After our dessert, Lilly opened presents and then we all headed home after a bit of playtime.
  • On the way home, we dropped some goodies off at the Wilsons' house and then Robby dropped us off at home.   He had left his computer at Grannymom's house so he ran back to get that.  After he made it back home, we spent a good half hour looking for either of his 2 pairs of sunglasses.  We couldn't find them-lost sunglasses can only mean one thing at this house: it is trip time!

No comments: