July 4, 2016

Waiting for Mr. Tony's Fireworks!
(click here for today's pictures)
  • "Somebody! Help! Somebody!" were the words that we heard very early early this morning.  Robby's first thought was that someone had fallen out of a window and I was expecting an intruder or fire. Keaton was beside us nursing a bloody nose but I rolled out of bed, getting tangled in the sheets and crawling/running to the hallway.  Robby was right behind me when we heard Graham finish "Anderson is throwing up."  With those words, Robby turned right back around to climb back into bed and my run slowed to a fast walk up the stairs.  Not too often do you think "thank goodness, just vomit."
  • So we started our Independence Day with vomit and a bloody nose all at once.  Anderson did feel pretty puny for a good hour or two.  Thankfully, he was able to finally get to sleep and slept through most of the morning.  I had the other kids eat breakfast in the living room so they could be quiet.  
  • Campbell, Keaton and I eventually headed to the grocery store.  We picked up some things for tonight and a few things for the rest of the week.  It is pretty interesting how you can spend a hundred bucks in no time at all-it probably didn't help that my little girls were being pretty good so I let them add a few things to the cart.
  • Once we made it home, we woke up Anderson.  He wasn't too sure about going anywhere but he did run upstairs to play the xbox with Graham.  They were screaming and cheering so loudly that we decided that he was fine and told him to go put on his suit.  We did bring 2 cars when we went to pool just in case he started to feel bad again but he didn't need that at all.
  • Layne and Brett went with us to the pool and Whitman joined us with Grannymom and Grandpa and Aunt Dana.  He was happy to see me and when I asked about breakfast, he told me that he ate cookies and hot dogs.  I'm not too sure that I believe him.  The kids had a great time at the pool and around noon, they served up hot dogs and the 4th of July pool potluck begin.  The pool was pretty crowded today but there wasn't too many folks eating. 
  • After 3 whole hours swimming, Whitman was exhausted so Robby decided to leave a few minutes before the rest of us.  Graham and Campbell went with him and they had made it home and unloaded before we arrived home.  Whitman had a nap this afternoon and the kids vegged in front of the tv while we made ice cream on the patio (actually, Robby manned the ice cream makers and I took a good ole nap.)
  • At 6, we loaded up and headed to the Wilson's house for hot dogs, hamburgers and all of the fixings.  Shannon had made her home made potato salad which was my favorite and after we finished our meal, the kids were very anxious to play a game of kick ball.
  • We decided that it should be kids vs. adults so that is what we did.  Layne got smacked pretty good with the ball and then when I kicked the ball hit Keaton's leg pretty good.  Moments late, Shannon kicked the ball and it smacked poor Keaton right in the face.  She immediately had a stunned look on her face and then she just fell apart.  My baby is one tough little girl and she bounced back and didn't even miss her turn to kick.  
  • We celebrated the adults kick ball win with our homemade ice cream and then it was firework time.  Grannymom and Grandpa even came over to watch the fireworks.  My Keaton was a bit timid but then perked right up but Whitman got scared on the very first pop.  I do believe that when the big kids scream and squealed at the first fire work, he decided that he should be scared and that is what he was.  By the end of the show, he would cover his ears but would also turn and watch the fireworks.  I am not sure if it was more entertaining watching the fireworks or watching Tony and Robby run from the fireworks once they were lit.  
  • After the show was over, we tried to clean up a bit and then we snuck out!  My Whitman was intent on staying at Mr. Tony's house and was not happy about leaving at all.  But once we made it home, Robby and I ran everyone through the showers as quickly as possible and then it was bedtime for my crew.  Hopefully we will all sleep very well tonight and wake up calmly in the morning.

No comments: