February 17, 2018

(click here for today's pictures)

  • Robby and I took full advantage of our Saturday morning. At one time, he wondered if we were bad parents for letting our kids fend for themselves all morning long. However, I suggested that we were fostering independence and self-sufficiency. Even though we were in bed longer than we should have, we were awake most of the time since Campbell, Keaton and Whitman were in the school room chatting away.
  • After we finally got out of bed, we worked on a few things around the house. It is amazing what you can find to do when you feel like being productive. I reorganized all of the hats that were downstairs and even made a spreadsheet of our gift cards. Those aren't things that you plan on doing!
  • We really didn't do a whole lot this morning, and the kids didn't either. There were some slime watching videos and lots of xbox playing. Graham was fine without Anderson but Campbell and Keaton were a bit lonely without Reagan so they spent a lot of time following me around.
  • We ran to pick up Anderson from Nonna and Pops' house. He could have stayed over there all weekend and wasn't in too much of a hurry to head home. Then we went to Grannymom's house for Robby to do some work on their computer. The kids played on their ipads, I read Whitman some books, the boys played outside, and we even watched some of the Hogs play.
  • Robby, Campbell, Keaton, Whitman and I ran to Walmart for look for a few things. Whitman needed a new cup along with some pants that I couldn't find. Campbell needed a pair of leggings which we also didn't find, but she did find herself a gallon of glue. We will soon be making slime all day every day around here. Keaton went in half with Campbell and her glue-those girls are still trying to spend their Christmas money. We even bought a few things for next weeks supper.
  • We then ran back to Grannymom's house to pick up Anderson and Graham. Then it was on to Chuys to eat supper. I went to town on the jalepeno dip which I thought was wonderful. Everyone had plenty to eat, and our waitress was exceptionally great. The kids even received Popsicles after our meal from the waitress.
  • On the way home, we drove by the new cinnamon roll place. We knew that they would be closed but we wanted to double check the hours. A worker man, actually the owner, opened the door to talk to us. We were just barely parked trying to read the sign when he saw us. Robby hollered that we were just trying to check on the hours. He offered for us to come in so Robby hopped out of the car! 
  • The kids and I were thrilled with this since cinnamon rolls sounded a lot better for our evening snack than the slice and bake cookies that we had earlier talked about. Robby said the man gave him a deal, and they even chatted for a good bit before Robby finally came back to the car. He bought 8 cinnamon rolls and the man gave him 2 apple muffin somethings as well.
  • Once at home, the kids showered and everyone waited not so patiently to eat their cinnamon rolls. We watched a bit of the Olympics, and then finally opened up our cinnamon roll boxes. The kids just had half of one, and Robby and I waited until the kids were in bed before we dug into ours. Robby said that he could have had another one which I talked him out of. He did say that the leftovers were going to set on his nightstand tonight!

No comments: