Florida February: February 13, 2020

(click here for today's pictures)

When the alarm went off at 6:30 this morning, I wasn't quite sure that we made the right decision to get such an early start. After getting ready, I quietly went into Keaton and Campbell's room to wake them up. Whitman was also sleeping in that room with Keaton again-Graham was not too happy about Whitman not sleeping in his room with him. I think that he was a little bit lonely without his room buddy.

We not to quietly left the house this morning at 7:15. It was a big step day-almost 24 thousand steps and over 11 miles. Robby said that if we would eat better, we could lose some weight while we are done here. That doesn't sound like fun at all though-my current snack of choice is an ice cream cone smeared with cookie butter. The kids like neither the ice cream cones or cookie butter, so I can have it all to myself.

I got a bit off topic there. Whitman, Keaton and Campbell were excited about our adventure this morning. The first stop was Hollywood Studios. We arrived at about the same time as we did the other day, but the crowds were less. We hightailed it into the park just like everyone else. The only difference was that we didn't go towards Toy Story Land or the Star Wars area-we headed to the Jedi Training Academy.

Campbell and Whitman decided that they wanted to train to be Jedis so we signed them up for the last show of the night. We also got a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance. Ours ended up being group 72 and the last group called tonight was 70 so we didn't make that.

After signing them up for the Jedi bit, we booked it on out of the park back to the car. We then drove to Magic Kingdom. We almost would have made it for their opening as well, but the ferry boat took a little bit of time. 

Our first stop at Magic Kingdom was Space Mountain. I have had enough of this ride and am starting to feel that it is an old rickety roller coaster. I must have said that a few too many times because Whitman did not really want to go on it. I convinced him that we were all doing it, and he was fine on it. Though I am not really fine on it-there is one bump that I am convinced the car has come off of the track.

After Space, we went to ride the Little Mermaid ride which was on the big list. Then we found ourselves a cinnamon roll to hold us over until lunch time. Then it was a quick spin on the carousel. I had been waiting to go to the Enchanted Tales with Belle for a while. It has been forever since we went before, and today it was absolutely perfect.

Campbell was Mrs. Potts, Keaton was a dancing plate, and Whitman was the Beast. Oh, my. The whole little play was so cute. But it was not nearly as adorable as Whitman dancing with Belle at the end of the play. The pictures are just amazing-it was so precious.

From there, we went to meet Ariel. That didn't take us any time at all, so we went to play on the Dumbo playground. This had been on Whitman's list for a while now so he was tickled with this. When our number was called, we had planned on just leaving and not riding, but who can not ride Dumbo?

We did Dumbo, and then ended our Magic Kingdom morning with a pepperjack filled pretzel which was on Robby's list. It was pretty yummy for sure. Though there is a cream cheese filled pretzel that I want to try as well.

We then headed back to the house. The big 3 had done all of their school work and were busy on their devices. The boys were playing with Cash most of the day on their xbox. We made our lunches since it was nearly 1 when we came home.

I also emptied the dishwasher, threw some potatoes in the oven and folded laundry before starting on checking school work. The kids just had to do half today so it didn't take too long to check nor did it take too long for anyone to do their work. 

Now, after we finished school stuff, it was time for everyone to pack their bags. Not home quite yet, but we are going to the beach tomorrow so we will be in a hotel. Of course leaving here for one night does require lots of packing-though packing for one night is exceptionally easier than packing for over a month.

The potatoes took forever to cook. I am not too sure that the oven here is hot-mine at home doesn't quite get to the temperature here, but at least I can cook potatoes fairly easily. My potatoes today were tiny yet it took 3 hours. That was fine though because we had plenty of time before supper.

The kids didn't swim today since I was washing their bathing suits. They did spend a lot of time outside by the pool and running up and down the street. After supper, we even picked up half of them at the stop sign down the road. 

Tonight we went straight to Hollywood. Well, we did stop at a Walmart gas station to get icees for most people. Then we headed to Starbucks for Reagan a drink. Robby put in the wrong Starbucks though so we were able to see a bit of Celebration, Florida. It was a city built by Disney, and it is really neat to see. It also has quite an interesting history that I might read up on tonight before bed-if I can keep my eyes open.

Then it was on to Hollywood. We had Tower of Terror Fast Passes that ended at 6:15 and made it just before then. We rode that ride-my all time favorite. When it was over, Campbell, Whitman and I hustled, and I mean hustled, to the other side of the park to show up for the Jedi training. 

Of course on this brisk walk, they both said that they had to go to the bathroom. I didn't want for their spot to be given away so we checked in first and then headed to the bathroom. They made it in plenty of time and were given their cloaks.

The Jedi Training was really cute. We have walked past it a few times, but have never stopped because it has been too hot to stand in the sun and watch other people's kids. Tonight though it was already dark and pleasant out so we could stand and watch our kids. 

Whitman was all into this. They were able to fight Darth Vadar. Campbell enjoyed it too, but clearly told us to not take any pictures of her. That was fine though because the photographer was taking plenty of pictures. I haven't looked at them yet, but hopefully they have some good ones. The show was neat and Whitman left wanting a light saber. Graham even decided that he wanted one too. 

We walked through Star Wars land-Anderson is looking for one accessory for his Droid but they are out of stock. Then it was off to ride Alien Swirling Saucers followed by Slinky Dog when the park closed. It took us a bit longer tonight to get on Slinky Dog, but the line still moved.

On the way out of the park, Whitman was talking about his tooth. He told me that it was really wiggly. I told him that it would come out when it was ready. He said that he didn't think that it was ready, and I thought that was the end of that for the day. I was wrong. A few steps later, he proclaimed, "Well, there's my tooth." And there indeed it was-it had come out and the boy was so excited. 

We had to text everyone to tell them along with take pictures. He was so, so happy. I wrapped it up carefully so we could get it home. On the way home this time, we did have to stop by Walmart for a few things-few is an understatement. There was also some Valentine candy thrown into the mix!

Once at home, the kids helped us unload and then had a few minutes of downtime before it was bedtime. Tomorrow will be a busy day so we need some extra rest!

No comments: