July 23, 2021

(click for today's pictures) 

  • This seemed to be the first day in a long while that I didn't have a huge to do list. There was still plenty to do early this morning including a walk for Bentley along with brushing her (you could brush her forever because she continuously sheds). There were dishes and laundry and all of that was finished before 9 this morning.
  • The boys were starting to stir around this point. As soon as Whitman was finished with his breakfast, I started working with him on his school work. We are hitting it hard-spelling is going great. For example we wrote 25 words today for his spelling, and usually he could just write 5 words a day before we had to give completely up. 
  • Around 11, I left with Campbell for a whirlwind shopping trip. We went to the post office, to Five Below, to Kroger, to Walmart and then we made a surprise trip to Sams. I say a surprise trip because we saw a sign that said "free" in the front of Sams so we mosied on over. 
  • And what was free you ask? Well there was a food truck out front where Campbell received half of a hamburger, baked beans, a yogurt, an ice cream bar, and pink lemonade while I had potato salad, a chicken wrap, yogurt and an ice cream bar. We were pretty pleased with out little lunch and went inside to sit at the tables to eat. 
  • Afterwards, we did some Sam's browsing. Then it was home for a while. The big kids went to Dave and Busters and then to eat pizza with a group from church tonight. After they left. I told the girls that I was going to take Bentley on a walk.
  • I knew when I stepped outside that our walk would be short since it felt rainy and the trees were really blowing. I didn't know how short it would be. We made it to the mail box when I looked back and saw the rain falling on the other side of the yard. It was coming fast and we had to run back to the garage. The dog and I did just sit in the garage and watch the rain fall until it was time for us to leave for the pool.
  • By the time we had all of our things together, the rain had stopped and the weather was perfect. We picked up pizza and met almost all of the buddies at the pool. Robby ran to pick up the kids so we were all there until the pool closed at 9. 
  • We then came home for showers before everyone headed to bed. This is no bed time night so I am sure that my crew will stay up late tonight! (Though hopefully not too late since we have an early morning)

No comments: