January 15, 2023-Western Caribbean Cruise and Countries 4, 5 and 6 for the Kids

(click for today's pictures)

It's not fun being home! Well, it is kind of nice to return from a trip and be back in your own bed (though the camper bed is my favorite bed of all). It was a great trip so I will try to encourage myself tomorrow morning when we begin school again by thinking about all of the fun that we had.

I did wake up one time in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. When I did get up, I looked at the clock and was glad to see that I had 2 more hours to sleep. Of course, I didn't sleep great since I was worried about missing my alarm clock. I shouldn't really have worried since I had alarms ringing at 6:15, 6:20, 6:25 and 6:30. 

I woke right up on the first ring and quickly got myself ready. Then I had to start waking up the girls. They were fairly easy to wake up since everyone wanted to go and get breakfast one more time. I ran to the boys' room to take some overflow things that wouldn't fit in our suitcases, but they had already gone to breakfast so by the time that I made it back to our room, Reagan was even ready to go to breakfast.

We all had our favorites today-mostly chocolate croissants for the girls, biscuits and gravy wtih sausage for Robby, eggs benedict for me, cereal in a box for Whit, and chocolate milk for the boys. While we were eating breakfast, our color was called and we headed to our rooms to get our suitcases.

Robby called us to tell us that they were ready, and he encouraged us to take the stairs-um, I wasn't walking down 9 flights of stairs with my suitcase! Thankfully, our elevator line was just a tiny bit long, and we were soon waiting on the boys.

The line to get off the boat was pretty wild. It was forever long, but it was a shuffle so that was fine. We then walked on to our car, by the time that I made it there Robby had even started it. We were relieved to see the car, see that we had no tickets, see that it had no boot on it, and hear that thing start since it always doesn't cooperate. (Robby though was prepared with every type of jumper packed in the van just in case.)

We soon were on our way back to Arkansas. Now, Graham had drank way too much chocolate milk on his tender tummy from yesterday so that reappeared on our walk back to the van. And he was a little ill once on the way across Lake Pontchartrain, but after that he was asking for Krispy Kreme so who knows. I did ration out his gatorade on the ride home, but that was after he had McDonalds for lunch.

Soon we were pulling in to the hosue, and everyone was racing to my room to see Bentley. She was pretty happy to see us. After everyone finished greeting her, we made them unpack their bags. Now, this was kind of crazy becuase even though we all packed seperate on the way there, coming home things were shoved in every bag.

We were able to unpack much quicker than we do in the camper, but I still had a ton of laundry. I am not even finished yet. Two loads folded, one in the dryer, one in the wash, and 3 for tomorrow. I worked the rest of the afternoon and early evening getthing things ready for this next week.

Campbell, Graham, and Anderson went to Rock Creek, and the Wilsons arrived here just as Robby made it home with pizza and milk. Pizza for supper and milk for tomorrow (though not for Graham). They stayed and visited with us until the ball game was over. Then it was time to start the holiday for some, but the Dennie's are starting their school week tomorrow! (Maybe I will find time for a nap!)

No comments: