February 5, 2017

(click here for today's pictures)

  • Robby and I stayed up until after 1 last night watching The Crown so we weren't too spry this morning-or maybe I should say that he wasn't too spy this morning. I had dressed Whitman, opened the blinds upstairs, prepared toothbrushes, made the boys get ready and tried to wake up the girls (they were already getting themselves ready upstairs). Robby did pass out breakfast as I was getting myself ready and soon we were all headed out the door.
  • The kids went to their classes and we all met back together for big church. Robby was upstairs helping pass out the Lord's Supper so I had the boys on one side of me and the girls on the other. We successfully passed the wafers and even the grape juice and I breathed a sigh of relief. I did lean over and tell the boys to next time please do not pick the absolute fullest cups. I reminded them that they were still saved even if their grape juice cup didn't have much in it. And the next thing I knew, we were supposed to be drinking our juice but instead I was spilling mine all over myself. All over myself! 
  • We had lunch at Grannymom's house and afterwards the girls and I played dominoes for a bit before we left to run some errands. Robby ran into Home Depot to buy some lightbulbs. Then we did reward everyone with Sonic drinks and we all had our drinks while Robby ran inside the grocery store. 
  • Everyone was happy with their drinks and I should have known that Whitman was a bit too quiet-he had wet his self and his car seat. That child hasn't done that in forever-guess he drank way too much at lunch to top it off with a slushy. Once we made it home, we all unloaded the car and groceries and I cleaned up Whitman's mess. Then we began our Super Bowl preparations.
  • To get ready for our Super Bowl party, we hung streamers, made rice krispy treats, played some table football, predicted the final score and filled in our box of numbers to see who would win the prizes each quarter.
  • Once the Super Bowl started everyone watched the first inning and Robby was the winner of the first price. He chose a box of Jr. Mints. During the second quarter we finished our cooking and I claimed my second quarter prize. The kids weren't too happy that Robby and I were the winners during the first half of the game.
  • While the halftime show was going on, we ate our cheese dip, quesadillas, pigs in a blanket and rice krispy treats. We did have a table football tournament which lasted for a long, long time.
  • Robby and I were not the only winners tonight, Reagan did win the third quarter prize and she chose a gatorade. The child was bragging a bit when she did the same dance for Graham that he had said that he was going to do if he won a prize tonight.
  • The fourth quarter flew by and I was soon winning another prize. We were starting to feel bad since Robby and I pretty much dominated the prizes tonight. Since there was an overtime, Robby did pass out the leftover prizes at the end of the game. We had also all guessed the winning score and Campbell and Reagan tied and were both the closest so they had to split a Chick Fil A gift card. 
  • After had cleaned up from our party, it was bedtime for the crew. I think they were pretty tired from our little Super Bowl party!

No comments: