April 6, 2012

All smiles!
Highlights from today: (Click here for pictures) 
  • This morning I was laying by Campbell on the floor and she started picking at something on her leg.  I thought it was a scab and told her to leave it and then she screamed "it's a bug."  I ignored her and tried to take it off.  Before too long, I was grabbing my glasses and pulling a tick off of that girl.  Seriously, where did that come from?  Her bed, my bed, the floor?
  • Anderson had spent the night at Grannymom and Grandpa's with Cash.  They stayed up late and even woke up at 5.  Good thing he was at Grannymom's at 5 because no one was stirring around here until nearly 8 and Reagan even slept until 9.
  • Robby went to work while Graham and Campbell pretended to be puppy dogs and ate their breakfast from bowls in the floor.  I had my shower and Reagan had her breakfast and reviewed her memory work while I fed Keaton.  Graham's first fit of the morning was soon after that.  That fit was very mild to what went down later in the day.
  • We had school this morning and Reagan breezed through it.  Graham and Campbell enjoyed matching letters and Graham even surprised me with all of the letters that he knows.  Of course every time he would name letter "a" Campbell would shout "b, c."
  • Thursday at the school I work at, I saw a teacher using her cell phone to take a video of a student that was not following the rules.  I thought that was a good idea then and probably should have used that today.  Campbell knocked down Graham's legos and he started screaming and didn't stop fussing and screaming for at least an hour.  I finally put him in his room and he continued to scream.  He banged on the door, screamed, fussed and stomped for a long, long time.  I went up to try to calm him down and saw the electrician working (surprise-he works 10-2 every other day and the plumber also works half days but just 2 days a week-really?)
  • Anyway, I figured the electrician was going to call Scan on me since he was probably able to hear Graham every time he screamed "let me out of here!"  So I thought I would give him another chance for lunch and he tried but didn't last too long before he started screaming.  Because of the electrician working, I had to put Graham on the other end of the house.  Finally he calmed down and was a happy, sweet child for the rest of the day.  Seriously, I thought Fridays were supposed to be easy days!
  • Robby came home and we all had an easy afternoon.  Keaton sat up and watched everything that was happening.  She is becoming so observant and takes everything in.  She also gets so excited whenever I open the refrigerator door while holding her or get out her baby spoon-she knows what is coming.
  • I went to the store and I was not the only one doing a bit of last minute Easter grocery shopping.  It was crazy but when I finally finished, I went to pick up Anderson.  He was having a good time playing baseball but when I said it was time to leave, his attitude plummeted.  He remained in a sour mood until we made it home and Robby had a talk with him.  What am I going to do with these boys?  I am sure that he was just exhausted but still, we have to do the right thing.
  • When I made it home, I worked on supper while Robby mowed the lower section of the yard.  It is so pretty down there with green grass everywhere.  Now makes the upper end look not as pretty.  We will have to work on that side a bit more.  Of course the main concern now is the poison ivy trees growing in the yard.
  • We had supper and then went on a walk around the neighborhood.  The kids were all excited about going on a walk and Anderson even exclaimed that it was Keaton's first walk-though I am pretty sure she has been on a walk before.  Back at home, we put on pajamas and the kids all had some of an ice cream sandwich.
  • Then we did our Easter eggs and tucked the upstairs crew in.  Keaton came downstairs and helped me as I filled their Easter eggs for Sunday.  I sat her in the middle of lots and lots of eggs and the only thing that child would try to grab was the candy I was putting in the eggs.  She was still sitting up but would lean down and lay her head in her lap.  I thought she might just be tired and put her to bed.  I am catching on!  Ha!  Earlier today, I was busy cutting fingernails and painting toenails.  And I looked up from my seat on the kitchen floor and saw that poor Keaton had fallen asleep in her exersaucer-pitiful.

No comments: