August 27, 2015

(click here for today's pictures)

  • I hit the snooze button a few times too many this morning and wasn't able to walk on the treadmill.  Robby climbed out of bed a bit before 7 and was upset at me for not getting on the treadmill.  Upset, might not be the right word but he was put out that since I wasn't on the treadmill then he would have to take his turn!  
  • Everyone trickled down the steps this morning and after breakfast, Keaton headed to school.  Graham has really, really been wanting to take Keaton to school with Robby and Whitman on a Thursday morning.  Everyone else said that they wanted to go as well so we had to draw names-and guess which name was drawn last-poor Graham!  He didn't seem to care to much but Anderson knew he really wanted to go, so Anderson, who was drawn to be 3rd, offered to switch with G.  
  • Campbell was the one who went to drop off Keaton today and she even took some of her school work for the ride-this cracks me up since she can get her school work done in less than an hour.  School went well and then everyone was thrilled to be able to make their own English muffin pizzas for lunch.
  • Grannymom and Grandpa came over for some electrical, carpentry, and painting work.  Grannymom ended up helping us sort a zillion legos-the sorting was mostly finished this afternoon but we continued finding those silly legos for the rest of the day.
  • Most of the late afternoon was spent working on the toy room.  We are nearing the day when the kids will be split up into a boy and girl room.  The toy room closet is now emptied, things are off the walls and I have been moving things to the attic so we can touch up the paint.  We even moved a dresser from the bedroom into the toy room closet for the boys and of course, like all of our home improvement projects, we didn't take a before picture!
  • We ate our supper and then watched a bit of a Little House on the Prairie-that silly show was just getting good when it was time for us to leave!  We were just headed down the road so I guess we could have watched it for another minute-or maybe we should have finished it tonight after the kids showers!
  • Missing my treadmill time ended up being okay since the Wilsons called and we walked with them before rushing our kids home for showers and then bedtime.  I had laid out the kids school work for tomorrow (just a bit since it is a busy day) and they could hardly leave the table tonight because they were trying to do it now-maybe we should start doing school at night time!

No comments: