February 10, 2015

(click here for today's pictures)

  • My alarm rang and rang and rang this morning and after hitting snooze for about 30 minutes, I finally turned my alarm clock off much to Robby's delight and climbed out of bed.  It was 6:30 and I heard those silly girls upstairs.  I walked halfway up their stairs to get on to them but then it sounded like they were just having a good time and no one was even trying to sleep, so I let them be and went to the treadmill.
  • I was trying to be quiet on the treadmill so I didn't turn on the tv but the girls said that they had seen me go up the stairs and knew where I was.  At 7, they all come bouncing in to watch me the last few minutes of my walk.  
  • Then it was time to get everyone ready.  We had breakfast and then I cleaned the potties while the kids worked on the laundry.  They were able to fold some of it before I had finished.  They helped put all of the clothes up and that is about the time that I realized that after loading Whitman's bag, my Bible and CBS book, 3 kid Bibles and books and Reagan's snack in the car, I realized that I had forgotten to pack lunch for today so the kids helped me grab stuff for lunch and then we were off to Bible study.
  • Lunch today was at Sara's house since most of the crew couldn't go out and eat.  The kids played outside and we had a good time talking and even briefly thinking about what all we are going to do for school next year.  
  • Once I had all of the kids in the car after lunch (proved to be quiet difficult) we headed to see Beebee.  She was in a fine mood though she did want to show the kids her huge sore on her leg (which they saw last week).  Also, Campbell was teasing one of Beebee's aides who always teases the kids.  Campbell teased the aide telling him to go to jail and he said that he had already been there 3 times.  Beebee, who rarely watches her words around the kids, snapped at him telling him to not say that.  The quick thinking aide said that it was the truth and all because of bad's choices.  I wholeheartedly agreed and reminded everyone that we should always do the right thing.
  • We then headed home and I drove less than the speed limit the entire way home-took forever to get home.  The kids didn't even talk on our ride home-why? So we could get Whitman to go to sleep and it didn't work at all.  I thought about driving down another few streets but just gave up and tried to put him down for a nap the old fashioned way and the old fashioned way to Whitman includes climbing out of his bed.  I let it go and just let him get up and join the others.
  • Supper was rushed but we were able to feed everyone before we headed to church.  We had a quick stop at the library and then on to church for Island Night.  Nothing like kids wearing flip flops to church in freezing weather but whatever makes them happy.  Back at home tonight and we ran everyone through the showers in record time before bed!

No comments: