May 30, 2016

(click here for today's pictures)

  • I was asked "when are we going to eat breakfast?" at least 4 times this morning before we finally did get out of bed to serve breakfast to everyone.  I probably should have just told them to get their own breakfast and they certainly could have done that (not an egg or toast-though that should be on my list of things for my people to learn to do.)  Actually, I probably could have stayed in bed until 11 or 12 today if it wasn't for having to feed the kids.
  • And really, feeding my people is a constant-every single day and multiple times a day do they want to eat.  Not just at meal times but in between-no one ever told me about all of this!  Everyone was especially anxious to have breakfast this morning because I had some leftover doughnuts from yesterday.  Of course, dividing 2 chocolate doughnuts, 4 glazed doughnuts and 10 doughnut holes between 7 kiddos (Cash was here) proved to be quite difficult.  Thankfully, I had a few pop tarts to supplement their breakfast.
  • The kids ended up outside and as they played, we worked inside on our mound of laundry.  Then it was time to head to the pool for a bit of swimming and a cookout.  Everyone did great today.  The big 3 remember very well how to swim and it did eventually come back to Campbell.  But Keaton was anxious to go down the slide without her floatees like she did last year so I let her (with Lilli standing right there ready to grab her) and Lilli had to grab her.  Keaton was a little surprised that she didn't remember how to swim but because of this she faithfully kept her floatees on and that was perfectly fine with me.  It is too cold right now for me to be in the pool and with her floatees, I know she can go where ever she would like in the pool.  Now, Whitman didn't need any reminders about how to get around wearing his life jacket and we have been rehearsing for a few weeks now about wearing our jacket before getting near the water and he did remember.
  • The pool had lunch and the kids must have been hungry because of their light breakfast-they all climbed out of the pool to go and eat.  We didn't have to ask them, they just came.  But really, my people probably just wanted to get to the front of the dessert line so they could have first pick.  After a good while of swimming, we came home and started to work in the yard.
  • We had 1 small section of leaves in the middle of the yard and we worked on that-even though it started thundering, then lightening, then sprinkling and then pouring on us.  As fast as it came, the storm passed and we moved our leaves to the smoldering burn pile.  It didn't take too long for them to begin smoking too and soon even though it was sprinkling, we had a good fire going-Reagan asked for marshmallows but we are fresh out of those.
  • We came in around 6 and everyone cleaned up.  Then we had leftovers for supper and the kids watched a few tv shows before bed.  At one point, I looked over and Campbell was sound asleep on the couch next to Robby.  He took her up to bed a few minutes early and she was so exhausted but I do think that all of my people are.

No comments: