July 18, 2019

(click here for today's pictures)

  • We woke up Keaton and Whitman and herded them off to camp. Since Campbell was at Grannymom's house, and Reagan was obviously sleeping, I had the morning to myself. I marked my list of quickly and was soon sitting in my chair reading my book. I didn't read too much since I was waiting on Robby to come home. He had picked up some craft supplies for me.
  • So I spent the rest of my morning working on getting ready to make a few more Disney shirts. I am not a super crafty person, but it is sure fun to be able to make something. Today I was working on a shirt for Robby. I don't have his shirt yet, but will be able to knock it out quickly when I buy his shirt.
  • Reagan did hobble downstairs around lunch time. If it wasn't for the kitchen being down stairs, I don't think that she would ever come down. She is just as content as she can be up in her room, and since summer is just going to last for about one more week around here-why not enjoy it? 
  • After lunch, Grannymom and Grandpa brought Campbell home. She had a great evening and morning over there and even did some shopping. While they were here, Reagan found a recipe that she wanted to make. She convinced Campbell to make the cupcakes while she went to town making blueberry icing.
  • The icing was delicious-anytime you have 5 cups of powdered sugar in something, then it is bound to be good. However, the texture of the icing was almost slimy. This of course turned Reagan off and she decided that she didn't like them. Now tonight, we did have those cupcakes for snack and for those that didn't eat the top of the cupcake with the icing, I gobbled it up!
  • This afternoon I went to see the final performance at Family Farm. Keaton and Whitman had a great time this year. I think that this was probably a good growing experience for Whitman-doing new things, going to a new place. He did great. And Keaton is the best big sister ever. She made sure that he did the right thing and was with the group.
  • Keaton also made sure to make him drink the cups of lemonade so he could save his gatorade for home. She would put their full drinks in her bag, haul it around all day, bring it home, label and put it in the fridge for another day. I would try to use those same drinks each evening for the next day's lunch, but she would have none of that. 
  • During their performance, Robby, Reagan and Campbell went to pick up the boys. They had a super great time and were as talkative about their trip as a preteen boy could be. Graham seems to have recovered well from being sick. He did say that if they would have asked if he could go home, then he would have come home. (And I would have been there in record time to get him.) But I am super glad that he stuck it out. 
  • Anderson was asked to help get the shower trailer ready to haul home. He felt like that was pretty cool and told me all about it. They both said that everyone worked really hard and I know that they did.
  • By the time I made it back from Malvern, the boys were already home and their clothes were in the wash. We worked around the house some and tried to clean out the fridge for supper. Afterwards, Robby and I took the little 3 to the pool while the others showered and packed their bags. This is really the first time that I have let the boys pack their bags without some assistance. We shall see if that was a good or idea or not. It wasn't that hard for them since they basically just had to put everything in the clean laundry pile into the bag.
  • The kids enjoyed the pool. Even though we haven't swam in a while, Whitman still remembers how to swim. He still makes me nervous though! The boy likes to be under the water much more than I would prefer. 
  • Once at home, there was still work to do. We aren't leaving at the crack of dawn so there is plenty of time to work tomorrow. Or hopefully there is plenty of time to sleep in tomorrow!

No comments: