July 25, 2019

(click here for today's pictures)

  • Sleeping in this morning was wonderful-most everyone in this house was also sleeping. My boys are even starting to sleep a little bit which is unfortunate because school is starting soon....too soon, but let's not talk about that.
  • As soon as I did start stirring this morning, I had to wake up these other people so they could start getting themselves ready. We were only down to 3 of our kids and one extra last night so the house was fairly empty.
  • I took Alyssa and Reagan to Hobby Lobby to pick out shirts for Disney. We also did a bit of browsing through the clearance section, but unfortunately didn't find anything. Meanwhile, Robby took Anderson and Whitman to the church house.
  • It was time to pick up the campers. They arrived and seemed pretty exhausted-so we took them to Third Realm. Ha! I believe that they had a blast at camp, but they all seemed super tired and one was a wee bit grumpy.
  • All of the buddies were at Third Realm today so all of the kids had a blast jumping, yet they were all ready to head home. Robby took my crew home and dropped the Heltz' off on the way. I headed to Grannymom's house to pick up Keaton. 
  • Keaton had spent the night at Grannymom's house and even bought her birthday presents. She had a blast and enjoyed playing Monopoly with Grannymom and Grandpa. After picking her up, we ventured to Kroger.
  • We needed a few things at the store for Graham's party. When I say that we needed a few things, that is a lie! We need 2 shopping carts full of things. Now, most of the things filling our carts were 5 packages of bottled water, but it was still some full carts. Keaton was thrilled when I told her that we would have to get another cart for her to push. 
  • We had so much stuff, that people were stopping us asking if we were going to have a party. Seriously, we caused a ruckus at the store. I did work up a sweat loading the car with all of those water bottles. 
  • Once at home, Graham and I started work on his cake-well, we started work on his cake after he woke up from his nap. Campbell snoozed longer than he did-I guess that they both needed a nap or two. 
  • After baking the cake, we let it cool. Robby and I eventually ran to the pizza place to pick up pizza for our supper. We had toyed with the idea of going to the pool but decided not to tonight since the kids seemed to be a bit tired.
  • Once supper was finished, Graham and I went to work on his cake. This was seriously the easiest and best looking cake that we have made around here in a while. Now, don't get your hopes up too high, but he was pleased and I was surely pleased.
  • The rest of the evening was pretty quiet. We did play a round or two of our never ending monopoly game. I believe that Whitman is currently winning even though he is driving my crazy. When he rolls the dice, he says "I rolled a 5 and a 2." I will ask him what that is and he will act like he doesn't have clue!
  • Once the game was over, we had a few minutes of down time before it was finally bedtime for the crew. We let them stay up way too late but for some reason this day has seemed more like a Friday than a Thursday. I guess that is good because it will feel like we have a bonus day tomorrow.

No comments: