July 21, 2019-5th Trip to Branson

(click here for today's pictures)

The plan was for us to wake up at 8:30 this morning. We were going to let the kids sleep in. I woke up before my alarm went off-went to the bathroom, dropped my water bottle and realized that I did a poor job of closing the blinds. As I was crawling back in bed thinking that my girls sure must not be tire to sleep through all of my racket, Robby text telling me that the boys were all still asleep so he was going to let them sleep a bit longer.

I did the same, but after a while I did get myself ready and woke up the girls. They moved fairly quickly because my crew was almost all dressed when I went to take a load of cords to Robby's room. I opened the door to see that Anderson and Whitman were awake but still in their pajamas while Graham was still sound asleep. Robby went to eat breakfast-I tell you, he loves his sausage and biscuits.

There is something wonderful about loading up in a motel. It took us about .3 seconds to load up the van and pull out of the parking lot. There is nothing better than parking right in front of your room. All of us except for Robby had missed the hotel breakfast, so we stopped at Krispy Kreme. Everyone else in Branson also stopped at the Krispy Kreme. It was so crazy that Robby didn't even try to park, he just dropped us off and came back when we called after buying our doughnuts.

We ate our doughnuts in the car on the ride home. Robby and I spent most of our drive home working on our packing lists for upcoming trips. We have completely revamped how we pack in the car, and it is throwing us for a loop. For example, he forgot shredded cheese in the ice chest and I forget my pivotal brown bag that I carry into and out of every hotel. We needed a better list, and I made one.

We stopped at our regular McDonalds, and the women's bathroom line was incredibly long. We should have known that it would be since it was that way on the way up to Branson. That was our only stop on the way home. When we did make it home, our unpacking went the most smoothly that it has ever gone before. We, seriously, were like a well oiled machine. It was pretty amazing-I almost would have had time to squeeze in a nap.

After the laundry was finished, I helped Campbell and Graham pack for camp. This is the last camp of the year and I can't be more than happy about it. I am done with summer. Once the packing was finished, it was time to run a few errands.

Graham, Campbell and Keaton went with Robby and me to get gas, run by Walmart and do some Krogering. They all left happy since they each bought something-Graham a wiffle ball bat, Campbell and Keaton each bought rompers which I think are hideous but they love.

We also picked up pizza and brought it to the Wilson's house to celebrate their homecoming from their crazy long trip. We did have ulterior motives because we asked them about a zillion questions about Disney. Once we learned everything that we could for the night and once it was past bedtime, we headed home ourselves.

The kids went right to bed, they were tired and there are lots of folks around here with the sniffles. 

No comments: