June 3, 2021

(click for today's pictures)

  • It's sure been a day. It wasn't all bad, but it was a good thing that Robby did rummage through the freezer last night and found us one stowaway carton of Blue Bell because we certainly needed that little it of happy today.
  • The first thing today was another trip to the park with all of my people. We met up with 2 other families plus a new family. There were quite a few folks at the park, plus another whole group of homeschool folks planning for next year.
  • And I did forget to mention, yesterday when we were at the park there was a day care there. When it was time to go, the teachers looked at Keaton and Sophia and said, "It's time to load up." When she told me, I encouraged her to go and get in the line to see if she could get in the van. She declined, but Whitman offered to. I quickly stopped him since he would end up in their day care van.
  • We ran home for about 30 minutes and left again. This time we were heading to the pool. Anderson was the only one who stayed at the house. He had a tie dye party at church this afternoon so Robby took him while we were pooling.
  • The pool was-well, I really don't know how the pool was. I had fun, but I wasn't in the ice cold water. The sun was warm so that was good, but I spent most of my time cuddling with Jennifer's baby so that was perfect.
  • We stayed for exactly two hours before heading home. Campbell did snag a ride home with Sara so she was able to stay at the pool a bit longer. Everyone else got to help me when we did arrive home. 
  • I asked everyone for about 15 minutes of work. I was shouting out chores and we were getting things done. At one point, Graham asked me why we were doing so much. I was quick to explain to him that I am usually the one who is doing all of this stuff by myself.
  • Again, I was home for about 30 minutes before leaving again to take Keaton to her party and pick up Anderson. However, as I was pulling out of the driveway, I got a text that Anderson was finished with his tie dye party. 
  • Thankfully, I hadn't already headed the other way or I would have had to call Robby. He wasn't the last one to be picked up even though we just don't live that close to the church. I picked him up, and then headed to drop of Keaton for her summer starting sleepover.
  • And once again, I was home for about 30 minutes when it was time for Graham's crew to start showing up. I had all of the things for them to tie dye the shirts that they brought. Robby had even bought them poster boards to paint with pink paint since his color next week is pink. 
  • We had bbq for the kids to eat-I had all of the food set out inside, but after seeing who much water and dye were on these kiddos, I quickly told Robby that we were moving the food outside. I think that the kids had a good time, and they were just here for 2 hours so it wasn't too long at all.
  • After they left, the kids helped pick up outside. It wasn't bad at all-it was so decent that Robby and I took a quick walk around the loop with Bentley.
  • I worked inside for a bit before I found Robby in the camper working. I brought more work-the grocery list/menu for the next few days that we had to go over. The kids stayed up a bit later today, so when it was bedtime there were no complaints at all.

No comments: