October 13, 2011

I'm cool!
Highlights from today: (Click here for pictures)
  • Well, again last night Keaton woke up at 4 but it was much more exciting for the next hour after that.  Sometime while was sitting in bed feeding her, Robby felt around and said something.  I thought he said something about spit up but I knew Keaton had not yet spit up so I questioned him.  He then said "watch out for the screw" as he felt around the bed trying to find it.  Then he added "the screw from the deck box"-we had indeed put together a deck box last night but no leftover screws had made it to our bed.  
  • When Robby finally went back to sleep, I finished feeding Keaton and she was wide awake.  I might have been dreaming like Robby but I feel like I remember reading that you shouldn't look a baby in the eyes if you want them to go back to sleep.  I doubt that is true but....
  • A few minutes later, Graham called me up to his room.  And I sure did not look him in the eyes at all and it eventually worked after the 3rd time to his room.  He kept asking what we were going to do after school today.
  • Robby took Campbell to Grannymom's house for the morning and then dropped the boys off at school.  Everyone made it on time and Reagan was even dressed and ready since I thought we were going to take the boys.  Keaton, Reagan and I did school and talked to the chimney people and then we headed to the store.  I have a list of things the kids need and am spending my garage sale money-though, since I took Reagan shopping, she had to have something as well so she picked a Halloween shirt. 
  • We then picked up the boys-Graham thought Grannymom and Grandpa were going to pick him up so he was not happy to see me.  This made me worry that maybe they were going to pick him up but since they weren't there I assumed that we hadn't gotten our wires crossed but he was pretty adamant that they were coming.  Anderson didn't say much about school today so hopefully all was well.
  • Campbell had spent the day with Grannymom and Grandpa.  She went on a long stroller ride and genuinely was a mess the entire day.  Just an example of our little mess-when she gets ready in the morning (which is always a battle because she grabs her clothes and runs from me trying to put them on herself) she then goes and gets her brush and rubber band.  I do her hair and by the time we get down the steps, she had taken her rubber band off and is usually wearing it as a bracelet.  Then she will spend the rest of the time pushing her hair back out of her face until we repeat the whole process.
  • I picked up lunch on the way to Grannymom's house and we ate and then I ran one quick errand before picking everyone up to go and see Beebee.  Imagine the looks when you take 5 kids to the hospital.  I had already given a 20 minute speech on how we should act and what they should do.  They were perfect-well, except for Graham giving Papaw a hug so big that it almost knocked him down and Campbell raising and lowering Beebee's bed as well as punching the nurse call button.  Nonna and Pops stopped by as we were getting ready to leave so Nonna walked us out to the car and helped us load up.
  • By the time we made it home, 3 of the 5 were sleeping.  Campbell and Keaton stayed asleep after they were moved back inside but Graham could never go back to sleep so he had another day without a real nap.  There was less screaming today (from him and me both! ha!)
  • The big 3 watched a movie until Robby came home and then we headed outside for a bit.  It is starting to get dark earlier so that does make our evenings shorter.  We have a pretty good routine down-outside, then I shower the big 3 and he does Campbell.  Next, my big ones put their clothes on by themselves while I fix supper and then help Campbell.  And tonight after they finished their supper I had my shower.
  • And are you wondering if I am becoming a true country girl?  Well, I believe I am done with the country girl lifestyle.    I did get to drive the tractor a bit today (about 10) feet. But then when Robby killed a snake (yes, a tiny one) and I got snake juice in my mouth, well, that is when I decided that I am moving back to the city.

No comments: