March 30, 2015

(click here for today's pictures)

  • We woke up right on time this morning and just a few minutes after 7, Campbell came downstairs, peeked into our room and said "I am going to play; come and get me when it is time to get ready."  The last few days she has become pretty obsessed with playing with the wooden trains.  She makes a track and then plays with it until Whitman destroys it.
  • Whitman destroying things and making messes is pretty much the theme around here these days.  He managed to pour a box of cereal out twice today.  The first time was kind of cute but the second time, it just lost its charm.  Of course, I was pretty mad at myself for cleaning it up and then not putting it back up where he couldn't get it.  And yes, I did put most of the cereal back in the box (my carpet was vacuumed today so we will consider it clean enough.)
  • I had been a bit worried about school today since the kids had their week off.  Things went fairly well-Reagan was a bit distracted by Keaton and Whitman and then Reagan and Graham had a pretty good fight over who was going to use the computer next.  I told them to solve the problem quickly and they didn't so this caused a bit of drama.  
  • We are at that point in school where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I am even starting to plan for next year a tiny bit.  My favorite part of school is opening up all of their new books-that is and has always been so excited to me.  
  • We had our lunch and then started on our chores.  I was walking up the stairs and heard the doorbell ring.  Of course this immediately caused all of the kids to run to the door and I shouted "I will get it.  Do not open the door."  And what did I hear just seconds later-the front door opening.  I was about to beat a child when I rounded the corner and saw Nonna and Pops at the door.  Anderson had seen them and of course opened the door for them.  They were in the neighborhood (plant place down the road) and stopped by for a few minutes.
  • They left and we finished our chores and the next thing I knew Campbell was home.  Grandpa had brought her home and he started to work on moving an upstairs thermostat.  Soon Robby was home and a plumber was here as well.  All of this activity caused some mayhem here and we were barely able to get out the door for soccer practice.  I had actually let time get away from me and had to  throw supper at the kids as we were backing out of the driveway.  
  • Campbell's team with Robby as her coach practiced first.  She did pretty good during practice and had fun.  When it was over, she told me that she wanted for her practice to be longer.  The boys practiced next on another field.  I think they did good and I hope that they were respectful.  I tried to watch them and Reagan's team practice at the same time but I really saw none of either one.
  • By this time, my Whitman had had enough.  We had only brought one ball and he would get upset whenever one of the big kids would take the ball from him.  So pretty much during the practices he was fussing or running away.  At least during practice it is pretty much fine for him to run across field after field.  Now I do not know at all what will happen during game days-I am just afraid that it will not be pretty.  
  • Once we made it home, it was shower time and then bedtime for my Dennie crew.  Tomorrow is a busy day so my kiddos need their rest!

No comments: