June 20, 2016

(click here for today's pictures)

  • Today was the first day of VBS so I was the first one up.  When I walked into the living room, I just saw one head on the other side of the couch and I assumed that it was my early riser, Graham.  I walked a bit closer and I saw that Anderson was the one up and not his brother.  I asked where Graham was and he said that he didn't know.  Seconds later, we heard him stomping on down the stairs.
  • After they had their clothes on, they went back to their kindles and I worked on getting the girls and Whitman ready.  Once everyone was ready, we had cereal for breakfast and then loaded up for church.
  • We did leave a few minutes later than I had planned and followed a slow car down the road but I still arrived at church about 10 minutes earlier than I had to be there.  But when I pulled into the parking lot, there were so many cars and people pouring in that I was sure that I had already miss the start of VBS.  I was a bit glad to see that I had not missed anything and we still had plenty of time to find the kids' classes and find my class.
  • Whitman walked right into his class which was good but it would have been wonderful if he would used the potty in his class.  Keaton so enjoyed herself and came out of her class with her hair french braided and continued to talk about her 2 snacks that they ate.  Campbell was happy that I was one of her teachers (though I only saw her for about 20 minutes-I am doing kindergarten crafts which means I sit at one table in one tiny chair and make the same craft with a table full of kindergartners 5 times in a row.)  Graham had fun-as he always does.  He always seems to enjoy things like this.  Anderson went on and one about game time and even told me the same story 3 different times.  Reagan was pleased with her class but she was a bit bummed that none of her buddies were in there with her.  Overall, everyone had a great time and our hats and offering is laid out for tomorrow.
  • After I picked everyone up, I text Grannymom to see if we could change clothes at her house (I always would prefer to not have to change clothes in the pool bathrooms) and she offered to make us sandwiches so I certainly took her up on that.  The kids ate and changed their clothes and then we picked up Cash to play with us at the pool.
  • We only stayed 2 hours and it was probably a good thing that we didn't stay too long-my Keaton sat by me the second hour and Graham came and asked that we not go swimming during Family Farm week (he thought that he would be too tired).  The kids swam hard so it was a pretty quiet ride on the way home.
  • Once at home, we emptied the car and the kids watched tv for a while before heading outside.  At one point, they all came inside and their little faces were so red-so, so red that I was offering my water to everyone who passed me by.  
  • When Robby came home, we had supper (still eating those potatoes I bought with Pops-I definitely have gotten my money's worth out of that purchase).  Then we kicked the kids back outside until we cleaned the kitchen and then started on showers.  
  • We let everyone have some ice cream and then it was bedtime-Robby said he felt bad sending our tired kids to bed when it was still light outside but I didn't at all!

No comments: