June 27, 2016

First Day of Family Farm!
(click here for today's pictures)
  • At 6:30, Robby and I headed upstairs to wake up our little camp goers.  The boys were quick to hop out of bed but Campbell and Reagan were a little harder to stir.  Keaton's head was hanging off of the bed so I did have to move her slightly but she didn't seem to stir.  Later while others were getting dressed, Robby saw her on the stairs and urged her to go back to bed for a bit longer which she did.
  • After everyone was dressed, they ate and then we sprayed them down with sunscreen and bugspray.  I don't really think that the sunscreen was that beneficial since it really probably only lasts a few hours which would be to around 10 and the sun probably isn't that strong then.  (Thankfully though they didn't come home burned or bitten at all.)
  • Robby first picked up Cash and then drove to church to drop Graham off.  The church only took first and second graders so Graham rode the bus with them.  Then Robby picked up the Pennington boys at church and dropped all off in Benton to ride the Family Farm bus.  
  • Keaton, Whitman and I had a busy day around here.  This morning when it was just the 3 of us, I had fond memories of how it was when there were just 2 little Dennies around here.  The day did start off well-we ate our breakfast, played a game, made a few batches of muffins to freeze, played another game and Keaton even made lunch for her and Whitman.
  • But by 3 this afternoon, I remembered very clearly why I have so many kids-the more siblings they have around then the less they need to be entertained by me.  I just looked it up and an average 4 year old asks 437 questions a day but I guarantee you that Keaton is way above average.  I did manage to get some things done while answering her questions, playing baby doll, playing another game, building legos, having a birthday party for a doll and coloring.  Whitman watched his kindle some and played trains but for the most part he was right beside us all day long.  I will tell you though, I am exhausted-it is tough playing all day long.
  • Robby came home with the campers and they had all had a wonderful day.  Campbell met new friends and was very pleased with her 1st place in horsemanship.  I was very glad that Graham had a buddy, Noah, to sit with on the church bus.  Anderson had a great time and as always is a man of few words but I was able to pull a few facts from him.  Reagan was completely worn out but had a wonderful time as well.
  • Surprisingly the kids were not as hot and stinky as I thought they would be when they arrived home but before I could tell everyone to put their shoes up, Graham was climbing into the shower.  Everyone showered and then we began supper.  
  • Months ago, I bought 120 pounds of potatoes and tonight I finally cooked them all (ok, it probably wasn't 120 pounds of potatoes but was a lot for us Dennie folks.)  Robby cooked some chicken and everyone was happy.  After supper the kids vegged out on the couch while we cleaned the kitchen and packed their lunches for tomorrow.  
  • We put everyone to bed around 9 so they can rest up for tomorrow.  And then Robby and I plan to check out our possibly melted ice cream from last night-cross your fingers that it is salvageable...or maybe Chef Shuttle delivers ice cream!

No comments: