May 17, 2017

(click here for today's pictures)

  • I hit snooze so many times this morning that my phone eventually just stopped buzzing. I did roll out of bed and see a few of my people getting their breakfasts and working on their school work. There were a few though who weren't in any hurry to get started this morning.
  • I am not sure what Campbell has been doing the last few days, possibly spinning her fidget spinner, but she hasn't been doing her work. It is like pulling teeth to get her to finish her stuff. I have tried to remind her that she is doing a lot less now than she was a few weeks ago but she would rather fool around.
  • Keaton and Whitman were home today and that does make things a bit crazier. Whitman worked on one of his coloring books-he was happy to do it with his dot markers. Those are his favorite things right now and my hallway has turned into an art gallery for a 4 year old. There are pictures hung on both sides 3 feet high. Occasionally, he will walk me through the hallway telling me about each picture, naming the colors, telling me who painted it and who helped him hang it up. 
  • At 10:30, Anderson and I left the house. Today was his last appointment at the endodontist. I guess it has been a year since he met the pavement face first after his bike flip. We received the all clear so that is good.
  • Then it was home for lunch. Afterwards, I rounded the kids up and we went outside for a bit to pull some weeds in the flower beds. Then I had the boys work on one of their Christmas presents some. Yes, I know that I just said Christmas presents in May but there is no reason to wait until the last minute. 
  • After we finished that, the kids came in and watched some tv before spying the neighbors outside. They then all ran out to play and stayed outside in the misty wet weather until I had to call everyone in before 5.
  • I had made supper so we sat down to eat before loading up for awards night at church. Keaton and Whitman's groups sang a few songs and Bible verses and the big kids choir sang a song and a few verses. The kids all received certificates and the big 3 got a little trophy. They were all pretty pleased with themselves but they were more excited about getting outside so they could eat ice cream and cookies and jump on the bouncys.
  • The weather was wettish so my boys came back to us pretty soaked. But that was fine because Reagan's group had messy game night outside so she was messier than they were. I am not sure what all they did but their was flour, mustard, ketchup, raw eggs to name a few. At least there was a slip n slide to help clean the kids off at the end of the evening.
  • Once at home, everyone showered (I made sure to wash Reagan's hair twice) and then had a drink before heading to bed.

No comments: