May 7, 2017

(click here for today's pictures)

  • Robby and I were briefly picking up the kitchen last night before heading to bed when Campbell came downstairs. She told us that Keaton thought she was going to be sick. This is usual for us so I finished putting a few things up and headed up there. Robby walked up the steps before me. But what was unusual was that Keaton was laying in her bed (usually she is sitting by the potty.) 
  • I tried to pick her up and take her to the bathroom and she rolled over. It didn't take too long for us to realize that she was sound asleep. I woke her up and asked if her stomach was upset, needed to use the bathroom, or take a drink of water. All she did was say "no" and lay back down. Thankfully, she was only have a dream-must have been a noisy dream to wake her sisters up though.
  • After this, everyone (and I mean everyone) slept like babies. My alarm goes off daily at 7:15 and then every 9 minutes until I finally stop hitting snooze. It was after 8 this morning when I did hit snooze for the last time. I walked down the hall and told Robby that the only way we were going to make it this morning was with a lot of yelling.
  • I had to wake everyone up-even the boys. Maybe Robby spiked their nighttime water with benedryl. It would have been a good Sunday to sleep in but we didn't and we made it with very little yelling.
  • We made the grandparent run and then headed to our classes. After church we ate lunch at Nonna's house. She had Mexican casserole and all of the fixings. During the meal, I noticed that Whitman had brown stuff all over his shirt. Hmm, we had not eaten anything that color. I did the mom smell test and goodness gracious, it was indeed poo! I stripped his shirt off and we continued eating.
  • After lunch we were sitting in the living room and Keaton politely said, "Mom, come here. I want to show you something." I followed her and as we walked into the bathroom she said, "I didn't know who to tell or what to say." I possibly threw up a little in my mouth as I looked at the wall! I told her it was okay and asked if she had accidentally done this. She had not but I already knew who my culprit was. 
  • Bless Whitman's heart-or bottom one. His tummy must have been a bit upset and washing his hands never occurred to him. It took a lot of scrubbing but Nonna's walls are now clean. Though I have washed my hands a few hundred times after this and I don't feel like they are clean yet!
  • Once we made it home, everyone watched some tv and vegged out while Robby and I rested up for the picnic tonight at Raymar. When we walked down the stairs and told everyone that it was time to go, the kids were quick to get ready and load up-which rarely seem to happen.
  • They had 3 huge inflatables and tons of games out at Raymar along with hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken sandwiches. The bigs boys were off as soon as we arrived. They played ultimate frisbee, kickball and I am sure a few other things. Whitman spent his time on the bouncys. Reagan ran around with her buddies and Keaton tagged along. I am not sure what Campbell did but whenever she would return to us, she was hotter and dirtier than that last time we saw her.
  • We stayed until the inflatables were down, the moon was up and it was getting dark. The kids weren't too ready to come home but showers were calling. Everyone showered, grabbed their water bottles (our new stall tactic) and headed to bed.

No comments: