December 28, 2018

(click here for today's pictures)

  • Since Robby and I still had a full days worth of organizing to do today, we didn't sleep in as we did yesterday. Actually, when I walked through the house this morning, Anderson questioned, "what are you doing up so early?" 
  • We went right to work on sorting drawers and cords from the office. Robby is a cord addict-he probably has enough cords to circle the house a few times. It didn't take too long to get the office in decent order. But much of the morning was still spent on the little things-lots of little things that needed homes. 
  • I did stop in the middle of the organizing to make Dana's bread recipe. We had it at lunch, and it was pretty good. I don't think that it was my favorite but would definitely be worth trying again. We did eat most of it hot out of the oven though with some butter smeared all on top. 
  • After everyone had their breakfast, Keaton and Whitman sold popsicles. Since we can't really have a lemonade stand out here, the kids seem to sell snacks to us quite often. We did eat all of their inventory before Robby and I started back to work.
  • Our final project of the day was the bonus room attic. Not surprisingly, we found more cords up there. This one didn't take too long for us to do once everything was reorganized. Now, we did stop there and haven't get gotten to the three other closets on my list. I do believe that tomorrow will be Christmas take down day.
  • This evening we headed to ChickFilA to spend a few coupons that were expiring. While we were there, we received a text saying that the first 100 folks to buy a cake in an hour would get a free burger for the rest of the year. 
  • Well, since we were so close we decided to stop in for a few cakes. This time we did decided that we didn't need 6 cakes nor 6 burgers for the rest of the year. So we only bought 3 cakes-everyone stayed in the car except Anderson, Robby and I. We jumped in the line about 15 minutes before they started. 
  • As we were buying our cakes, the manager at the register recognized us and asked why we were only buying 3 and not 6. He remembered that we didn't miss any, and he also remembered that we would always order one Blizzard plain (Whitman's). We had a good laugh about that.
  • Once at home, the kids had some downtime for a bit before bedtime. The coughing seems to be a little less tonight-Graham mostly. Now, Anderson did seem to feel better today so hopefully all of my people are on the mend.

No comments: