March 4, 2015

(click here for today's pictures)
  • Some days the kids start playing before breakfast and although this sounds like a good thing, it really isn't.  They begin to make a days worth of plans and I have to break it to them that they have school to do first.  They are never too happy about this but unfortunately, I am not one of those homeschooling moms that can change the day's schedule on the fly.
  • School started decent though the boys and Campbell could not focus at all.  This drives me insane but we all survived the day...well, barely.  
  • While Keaton, Campbell, Whitman and I were all sitting together in the hall way this morning, there was a bit of excitement.  For some reason, Whitman picked up a metal cookie sheet (that we use to draw on) and chunked it toward Campbell.  I think that he was just getting it out of his way but she was inches from him and hit her eye dead on.  
  • Immediately, she had a big blue bump and after a few minutes of ice on her eye, we could all tell that she was going to have a good black eye.  And that she does-I think that she thinks it makes her look tougher (and it really does.)
  • We had lunch and Anderson and Campbell finished their school work while the rest of us worked on the chores.  As soon as Anderson had finished his packing, the doorbell rang and Pops had arrived to pick him up for the night.  They played some at Chuck E Cheese and then ended up at Cracker Barrel.
  • The last half of the afternoon, we spent some time outside-swinging, riding bikes, playing frisbee, getting the frisbee off of the house and playing basketball.  Before we realized it, it was after 6 and we headed out to eat supper at Newks.  It was fun and Whitman really liked eating the sticks (breadsticks) and Reagan loved the chicken tortilla soup.  
  • We walked off our meal at Target and bought some ice cream!  Since the kids were with us, we had to share when we came home.  They watched the end of a movie and ate ice cream.   This is the second night in a row that Keaton has fallen asleep before we managed to get her into bed.

No comments: