November 5, 2016

(click here for pictures)

  • Whitman, Keaton and Campbell all climbed into our bed this morning. All Whitman wanted to know was where we were going. I tried to explain to him that we weren't going anywhere or doing anything today but he just continued with his question. Campbell and Keaton heard this and were quick to think of a few places that we could go.
  • I soon decided that we should head to Michaels and run a few other errands. I sat down in the kitchen to make my list and before I had even written half of it, Campbell, Keaton and even Reagan were coming down the stairs dressed and ready to go. Reagan had just been sound asleep but the idea of spending one of her gift cards, quickly woke her up.  
  • We gave Whitman the choice to go with us but he decided he would rather stay with Robby and eat breakfast. So I didn't give him time to change his mind and we were out the door only about 20 minutes after waking up.
  • Our first stop was Krispy Kreme to use a coupon. The girls helped me pick out our choices and then we ate them in the car on the way to Michaels. We were there for what seemed like hours-Reagan had a gift card to spend and bought a wooden book that opens. She spend must of the afternoon painting it. I bought letters for each of the girls to glue shells from our trip on. I also bought some paint, two frames for Reagan and one little thing for one of my crafts. 
  • Next up was the Dollar Tree and Keaton was thrilled to buy plates and napkins for her party. We had another doughnut on the way to Sams where we ordered cupcakes for Keaton's party, picked up some medicine and sampled everything possible in the store.
  • Then we stopped by Grannymom's house to pick up a basket for Keaton's book character dress up day on Tuesday. Our final stop was Kroger where we bought a few things along with a turkey-ha! Yep, a big ole turkey. I have never bought one and of course have never ever cooked one (nor, do I think I ever remember my momma cooking a turkey).
  • When we finally made it home, the boys had returned from the sleep over at the neighbor's house. Robby had worked some of the morning on our midafternoon lunch-bacon and potato soup. During halftime it was ready and the kids gobbled it up-they were starving. It was a keeper so we might just have it again soon.
  • When we had finished our lunch clean up, I sat on the couch with Whitman and Robby was quick to remind me that we were going to paint some of the living room today-I had been trying to forget even though it was hard to forget when a huge piano is in the middle of the room and painter tape is hanging from the ceiling like spider webs. 
  • We painted and painted and painted and most of the kids acted like they were bored out of their minds. Usually on Satrudays, they pay no attention to us but as soon as they knew that we were busy, they didn't know what to do. It was kind of idd-eventually we did turn on a movie for them and I passed out popcorn, a snack and a drink and that kept them busy for a while. I came back downstairs and Robby was slinging paint on the wall like we were in the final lap of  a painting race. We made it and finished just as the kids movie finished.
  • They showered and helped clean up some and then it was bedtime for them-but shhh, they have no idea that we get to stay up an extra hour later tonight!

No comments: