June 2, 2020

(click here for today's pictures)

  • I woke up at 7 this morning to go to the bathroom-I probably should have gotten up then and not gone back to sleep for another hour or two. I wonder why I can't get anything done, and it is because I am sleeping my day away....well, not really sleeping the day away!
  • I worked with Graham on his math real quick before heading outside to help with today's painting. Tomorrow there will be a little bit more touch up painting of just the red and then I plan on sealing up that paint for good and retiring my paint shirt as well. Painting is just not my thing-though I am pretty good at it if I do say so myself.
  • Before too long, I was loading up with Keaton, Campbell, Whitman and Zoey for a wee bit of swimming. It was quite the ordeal getting into the pool. First, they wouldn't let Candice into the pool without her pool tag (absolutely ridiculous) so she ran home to get it. I pulled in as she was leaving so we stayed with her kids on the playground for a bit while she ran home. 
  • Meanwhile, Keaton ran to get something out of our car and didn't come back with the kids. She ran to get them and discovered that the doors were locked. She had locked the kids in the car! That was fine since I do have an emergency key ziptied to the bottom of the car (Now, I don't know exactly where the key is, I didn't have scissors to take it off nor did I really want to scrounge around looking for it.) But this was extra fine, since Candice was still at her house fetching her card. I quickly called her asking her to run by my house to get my keys.
  • She returned with her card and my keys, and we finally made it into the pool. All of this took almost an hour, so the kids felt like they had more swim time-even though they didn't. They all enjoyed swimming today. This was the first day that it was really hot, and I was a bit disappointed that I didn't have on my bathing suit.
  • Reagan had just returned from her sleepover as we were leaving from the pool, and Anderson and Graham were playing with the neighbors so they all didn't want to go with us. I did make a grocery store stop and a library stop on the way home.
  • Once we made it home, I made some beans for supper, visited with Jason who brought by some pictures of two of the girls and then helped Robby straighten. I tell you, straightening up our outside space is a never ending project in itself. 
  • Grannymom and Grandpa came over tonight to look at the shed. Robby cooked some hamburgers which were delicious. They stayed for a bit-we sat outside and enjoyed the weather. Then we ran to the Wilson's house to check out their shed lighting. 
  • Once at home, there was some math to be done, and I also measured Reagan-bless, she sure hasn't grown much lately! 

No comments: