August 11, 2020

 (click here for today's pictures)

  • My alarm did ring outloud this morning so I was up around 7 and started working on my list of things to do. I did pretty good before school started at 8:30-folded laundry; emptied the dishes; organized a drawer, a cabinet, and an end table; and moved a table out of the attic. 
  • The one thing I didn't do then was go and check on Robby. I knew where he was-a bit later, I did get a report from Keaton who went to check on him. She said that it looked like he had just had a shower. It wasn't shower water all over him-he was already sweating from head to toe.
  • Robby worked hard all day digging a trench for an electrical cord happening tomorrow. He only took breaks to do his real work-It was hot and sunny though so he should have rested a bit more. Grannymom and Grandpa did come by for a few minutes to drop off some better tools to help with the trench.
  • We worked on school until about 11. That is when the boys and I recruited to come and help for a few minutes. Graham was finished with his school, but Anderson still had some left-don't worry, I will lighten his weekly load so he won't be swamped over the next few days.
  • The three of us worked until it was time for us to clean up and head to UAMS. Anderson and Graham are participating in a study there. They each had to do a MRI-it just took a long while, and I wasn't expecting that. The boys both left with a good sum of money so they were pleased.
  • On the way home, we stopped at Sonic which took forever and a day. Then it was to the library for some books before rushing home to throw apple crisp in the oven. 
  • Reagan was busy today-she tie dyed another shirt with bleach and fried my sausage for freezer meal that I made tonight. Campbell baked a dessert for Nonna's birthday celebration tonight. Keaton helped too in my absence this afternoon. Now they all did help out, but still not too many folks around here can pick up like I wish that they would.
  • We soon headed to Nonna's house to celebrate her birthday. We had desserts and Nonna opened a few gifts. It was a fun and relaxing evening which we needed.
  • Back at home, Robby prepared some meat to cook tomorrow. I made manicotti for the freezer while Robby made an order for groceries. Once the kids went to bed, Robby and I ran out to the camper for a bit of work before coming in.  

No comments: