September 17, 2011

Expecting a visit from
the tooth fairy!
Highlights from today: (Click here for pictures)
  • Robby and I were up and just laying in bed when we heard Campbell around 5:30.  Yes, we are turning into old people (no offense old people reading the blog) and you would really think that when you look at our nightstand and see our glasses, tums and alkaseltzer.  Anyway, Campbell’s cough and yucky nose probably woke her up but she layed with us for awhile and then looked for her milk-and since we were completely out, Robby showered and went to the store (before 6)
  • And before 7, everyone was in the car heading to drop off my van-the brakes had been squeaking (except for when Robby drives it).  Graham was the only one in his clothes and about half way there he shouted “stop, Reagan and Campbell are in their pajamas”
  • Anderson had spent the night at Nonna and Pops’s house and they all slept until after 7.  After 7, the kids were eating their breakfast in the car while Robby and I were loading up Grandpa’s truck with all of my kitchen stuff (1 of 2 loads).  As we were loading I went to check on the kids and asked if everything was all right-Reagan looked at me with blood oozing out of her mouth and said “no”  She was about to lose her 3rd tooth and it was only hanging by a thread.  I told her to pull it and she went upstairs and Robby had to talk her into it.  But she did it and was quite proud. 
  • We were at the new house by 8ish and started putting down cabinet liner stuff and unpacking dishes. I have lots more cabinet room but am used to also having stuff in my pantry (which is at least 1/2 the size) and my laundry room so things are still shoved in their pretty tightly. 
  • Soon Pops was over and started working in the yard, Nonna followed soon and was assigned to clean the bathrooms, Anderson accompanied Nonna and he played with Reagan and Graham, Jason followed soon and also helped Pops in the yard.  Campbell by now was exhausted and her pack n play was shoved into a closet upstairs and she had her morning nap.
  • After a few hours of work it was time for lunch, so Robby and I took off in the truck to stop by Walmart for more shelf liner stuff, get another load of kitchen stuff, meet Dana to make a plan for the stools and then go and pick up his car.  Of course, we had left the coupon in his car but decided to print it at home and forgot so we turned around to go back to print it but then the computer shut down and the printer went off line so we just skipped getting the car and picked up hamburgers. 
  • Dana did take Graham who was in absolute heaven running errands with her.  He picked out a color for his room (orange) at Home Depot (his new favorite store) and even had a nap in her car on the way to our house.  Soon Grannymom and Grandpa showed up from Dallas and were sent right to work in the attic installing lights.  We go from having no attic at all to having a huge attic that will hold all of my bins of kid clothes (24+)
  • By now all of the neighborhood kids had discovered our kids and were having a big time.  We let ours go over to a near by yard and they jumped on the trampoline and soon I was feeding the crew popcorn and m&ms.  And by the time we left, quite a few kids were in our dirt pile and one was even getting buried-thankfully it wasn’t one of ours. 
  • Needless to say, all of my dirt pile kids had a bath as soon as we walked into the door.  They were all pretty exhausted so after supper and a movie everyone was sent to bed-Robby and I will follow soon-after my ice cream!

No comments: