August 1, 2013

(click here for today's pictures)

  • I guess waking up once in the middle of the night is better than having to get up 5 times.  Whitman woke up at 4 and had to eat.  I used a small bottle thinking that would tide him over but I ended up having to get him more.  Though that did give me some time to figure out how I want to remodel my kitchen in 2032.  I have very grand plans for this place.
  • The kids all started the morning off happily because we had new pop tarts!  It is the little things.  When their bellies were full, we started school.  It all went much better today-though I do walk on egg shells around Graham not to set him off.  Also it was helpful that the principal was around.  
  • Anderson is crazy slow on his math-he could sit in an empty room and stare for hours I do believe.  He is so funny because whenever I check on his math progress, he tries to hide his papers from me.  After school, we did find out that our apples preserved in salt rather than baking soda held up the best over the last week.  We didn't taste them but I should have offered that to the kids.  Graham sees Reagan and Anderson doing typing on the computer once a week and begged to do it today so of course I let him.
  • We had lunch and then the boys went to work on Graham's final lego set to put together from his birthday.  Once that was completed, Reagan and Anderson headed upstairs to play legos.  Graham commandeered the ipad, Whitman slept in his bumbo seat (his favorite snoozing spot and every time that I try to lay him down he wakes up) and of course Keaton and Campbell stayed with me.
  • When Keaton finally took her nap, I pulled out school work for next week.  And all too soon it was time to have our supper and get ready for VBS.  The kids have so enjoyed this week and we have received many compliments on their behavior.  Keaton and Whitman love walking down the road to drop them off and pick them up.  
  • Tonight during their closing, the girls pulled ahead of the boys in the offering (thanks to Reagan and Campbell-Robby was evening up what he contributed last night to the boys).  Campbell is in her element there and Graham, who didn't want to go tonight, begged to go to sanctuary to see the closing (his group didn't get to the first night).  Of course, he was able to go.  
  • Back at home, we had popsicles and I looked at all of their VBS crafts before we put them all to bed.  Campbell is the one coughing tonight and Whitman is in my lap screaming his head off-more milk is what he wants!