March 8, 2018

(click here for today's pictures)

  • Whitman was again in our bed a bit early this morning. He stayed for a bit and then ran off towards his ipad. It didn't take much for me to convince him to put his clothes on; this was D show and tell day. He knew that his last name started with "D," he took a dinosaur along with daffodils for Ms. Stacy. And to make the day even better, he knew that Grannymom would be picking him up from school. 
  • Once he had left, the rest of us started on breakfast. I told the kids they could have whatever they wanted. Anderson wanted an egg in the hole and we made a beautiful one. He then asked for another and Campbell also decided that she wanted one. I pulled out another pan and we set off making the next batch. I did notice the smoke once but didn't think anything of it. I was actually standing right in front of the stove so imagine my surprise when I went to flip them. All 3 of them were burnt beyond recognition.
  • I went to work disposing of the burnt food while the kids started fanning, opening doors and windows and even figured out how to turn on the vent above the stove. It was successful since the smoke alarm didn't go off, and we did finally make 3 more perfect (well, semi okay) egg in the holes.
  • We then did our school work for the day. Today we finished two more spelling books along with another textbook that we read daily. We still have lots to do to finish up school, but the load is lightening. I need to remind myself of how wonderful this feels when I am complain about starting school in late July/early August.
  • After eating lunch, everyone worked on their chores before having free time. Reagan and I left after 1. We did some speed shopping-Sams, Hobby Lobby and Party City before going to get our hair cut. She was not happy at all about having to have her hair trimmed. Tammy did barely trim Reagan's hair which made her pretty happy. 
  • We then met Robby and everyone else at Dairy Queen for our weekly Blizzards. Then I took most of the crew to pick up Whitman from Grannymom's house. Whitman and Grannymom worked on learning how to tell time today. Now, we have to work on skip counting by 5s this weekend. I think that he is pretty smart and can pick it up quickly.
  • We were home for a bit before it was time for us to load back up and head to church tonight for Refresh. The kids all had fun, and when it was over, I let my people play gaga ball on the playground for a while before we finally headed home.
  • Once at home, everyone showered and then headed to bed. It is 10:30 now, and Robby has woken the boys up so they can see the last little bit of the Razorback game. It didn't take much to wake Anderson up, but Robby said that he was barely able to get Graham out of bed. 

No comments: