March 1, 2018

(click here for today's pictures)

  • I am just not a morning person. I guess that I just must accept that. I with that I was, I really do, but every single morning I struggle to get myself out of bed. I thought that maybe I would automatically switch to a morning person when I turned 40, but I guess not.
  • From the time Robby and I get out of bed until the time that he leaves to take Whitman to school, is usually about 10 to 12 minutes. Most of those days, I have to wake Whitman up as well. It is surprising that he makes it to school with real clothes on. 
  • The rest of us started on school. I think I get a bit more excited about summer every single day. Yesterday, we put one of Graham's books and one of Campbell's up since they had finished it. Keaton finished her spelling book today and most everyone else will finish theirs next week. 
  • Robby brought Whitman home from school. The neighbors were already outside for the the kids were already migrating outside to play. Before they left, I did today's school work with Whitman. He loves to work on his school work, but we work for about 45 minutes each day. Gracious, I sure do hope that our working together will help lighten the load next year.
  • The kids were mostly outside all day long. Reagan and I did run to a few stores to find a present for a friend, then we did some speed grocery shopping for tonight's supper. After buying mushrooms, onions, garlic, lettuce, carrots, oranges, mangoes, and kiwi, Reagan commented that our grocery cart looked really healthy.
  • When we came home, Reagan headed outside, and there the kids stayed until I finally called them in at 7. The plan had been for the kids to make the same supper that they made at the library last week-chicken lettuce wraps. When they came in from outside, everyone had to scrub themselves! They were filthy! Actually, even when Graham climbed out of the shower, I inspected his legs to make sure they were clean. They were just full of bruises and still looked filthy.
  • It was nearly 7:30 when we started on dinner-there were people cooking the chicken, tearing the lettuce, chopping mushrooms, onions, garlic, and carrots. We were all busy, and by the time supper was hot, the kitchen was trashed! It was fun though, and I think that my people enjoyed it!
  • Supper was good, and when we finished supper we had a bit of downtime before watching a few videos about where Grannymom and Grandpa are. Then it was bedtime for all the crew-tomorrow will be another busy day.

No comments: