July 16, 2018

(click here for today's pictures)

  • Robby and I were almost the first ones awake this morning because we had to take his car to the shop for some repairs. Anderson and Graham were awake when we left. By the time we made it back, I text Reagan to urge her to get herself ready and do the rest of her last minute packing. She quickly wrote back replying that she had already done all of it.
  • Indeed she had, we had about 20 minutes when I returned before it was time to drop her off. She is going to Praiseworks this week at Ouachita. It is what used to be Young Musician's Camp when Robby and I were her age. When I was in the 4th grade I went to Young Musician's Camp, and Robby was one of the counselors for our group. When I came back to school that fall, I guess I had a slight crush on Robby because I  told all of my friends that I was going to become Mrs. Tara Jo Dennie when I grew up. 
  • Reagan's buddies, Alyssa and Kaleigh, will be her roomies so I am hoping that they have a wonderful time. Now this camp is one that you could bring phones too but since Reagan nor her buddies have phones, we won't know what is happening all week long. The other moms going won't be around the big girls much so I doubt that we will get frequent pictures like we did for their mission trip.
  • After dropping her off, Keaton, Graham and I ran to Chick-Fil-A to pick up a few thing and then to Redbox to snag a free game rental for the boys to play with. I don't think that they played with it very long today though.
  • Back at home, we started on chores and reading for the day. Soon Pops came to pick up Graham to take him shopping for his birthday. He had a list of things he needed to pick up, and they quickly found them and started working on his Christmas shopping. 
  • Keaton, Campbell and I baked some banana muffins right before lunch, Then we ate our lunch for a bit. I served my treadmill time until Nonna and Pops brought Graham back from his outing.
  • Later, Keaton, Campbell and I ran to the store for a little bit. We picked up stuff to make Graham's birthday dessert-oreo delight. We will have to make that in a few nights so I will have time to thaw it and cut it before the party. 
  • After the store, Whitman and Keaton helped me make Huevos Rancheros for supper. Whitman, bless, did have 2 bathroom accidents while we were cooking so that slowed us down a good bit. I am not sure if his tummy was upset or not, but he has been fine since. 
  • Everyone enjoyed our supper-tortilla, black beans, salsa, an egg and cheese on top. Who wouldn't like all of that! It took us a while to clean the kitchen, and afterwards the kids headed outside to play with the neighbor. 
  • They stayed out late enough to need showers again before bed. We cycled everyone through the showers and then herded them all to bed.

No comments: