October 17, 2018

(click here for today's pictures)

  • I didn't do much better on my pictures, but I did at least do a bit better. Baby steps, baby steps. It was about 7:40 when I went upstairs to wake everyone up. I was a bit late to do this because they would just have less than an hour before we had to leave.
  • Two surprising things-the boys were not awake but Reagan was. She was sitting in front of her mirror curling her hair. This is her normal routine now. I am not sure though why my boys were still asleep. It was fairly chilly in their room since we hadn't turned on the heat yet.
  • I was running a bit later today than normal and was still drying my hair when it was time to go. Now, there has been times, even this year, that before Bible study, I have walked on the treadmill and finished the dishes and laundry. I just don't know what has happened to me. Oh, I do-it is staying up until 1. For some reason that just makes a person not a morning person.
  • On the way, we listened to our new book on tape. The kids were silent because it is really a good book and pretty intense for a children's book. Once at Bible study, the kids couldn't wait to get out of the car and go to their own classes. 
  • Afterwards, we joined our friends at Fellowship to play on their playground. I was worried about it being chilly, but on their black playground it was not chilly but hot! That was fine though and the kids played a long while. 
  • Keaton went home with Sara and Alyssa, Caroline and Eden came home with us. There is a big difference between the big girls and the little girls. Eden, Caroline and Campbell were all over everywhere-inside, outside, upstairs, downstairs, mess after mess. Not as bad as the little girls would have been but nothing compared to the big girls. 
  • Alyssa and Reagan swang on the swing for a bit. Then they hibernated in their room. I would not have seen them for hours had I not been working on Keaton's clothes upstairs in the same room as them. 
  • We left to eat at church tonight. We usually skip the church meal but with 8 kids in tow, a 15 dollar max meal didn't sound too bad. Whitman would have eaten more of his food, but he is such a slow eater that I told him to take his cookie with him since classes were about to start.
  • After church tonight, we ran by the Wilson's house to see what Tony was building. We also brought some cookie dough to make some cookies and Shannon pulled out her ice cream. We didn't stay too long, but by the time we made it home, it was bedtime for the crew.

No comments: