March 6, 2012

Angry Bird in the house!
Highlights from today: (Click here for pictures)  
  • Before 6:30, Graham was already screaming ready to wake up.  And since it was an early morning, I went ahead and went up there to get everyone ready.  Robby and Graham went to his 8:00 doctor's appointment and his ears were all clear.  That is good-I guess.  The doctor did say that he probably has a cold and his ears did hurt.  Graham still got to stop by the donut store so it wasn't a completely wasted trip-just a couple hundred dollar trip!
  • I dropped off the girls first.  I had already told them that Nonna wouldn't be there and she was the one to greet them at the door.  Pops was gone to check on Papaw but soon Nonna would have to leave for her Tuesday jury duty.  They all did fine today and Keaton and Campbell had naps.  
  • Then I dropped off Anderson at school.  He was the first one there and Ms. Stacy thought that most would be registering for kindergarten today so it would be a quiet morning.  They were learning about dinosaurs and he was very excited about it.  Also they were able to pet a chinchilla during school today.
  • I picked up the boys and we headed to Pops' house.  He soon had lunch ready but the kids really enjoyed the cookies after lunch.  After a bit of playing we headed home and were surprised to see Robby, Grannymom and Grandpa all at home.  Grandpa was working on the shed, Grannymom was working on a few bushes and Robby was cutting something down with a chain saw.  
  • The kids were excited to check out all of this action going on in the yard-including the guys laying the blocks for the garage.  Anderson just stood by their cement pile and watched them.  Later during the day I asked him to draw a picture and even sent him out to sit on the step so he could look at everything.  He came back in a few minutes with one large rectangle drawn on his paper.  Really?  That is all he could come up with?
  • Sometime this morning, I mentioned that Ms. Jodee would be at our house.  Graham asked why and I reminded him that she was helping build our garage.  I added that she was like the boss.  He quickly corrected me with "God is the boss."  I agreed but said that she was boss over the garage and then Graham said "Momma is boss over us."
  • Just as we started school, the doorbell rang and it was Nonna and Pops.  They came to see the work on the garage.  They stayed for awhile and then we started school.  School went so smoothly today-probably because I gave them koolaid (multiple glasses) and snacks.  In the middle of everything, Keaton was laying grabbing anything she could get a hold of and then laughing at Anderson wearing his new Angry Birds hat.
  • Graham looked at me this afternoon and said he was going to take a nap.  Later, I looked up and saw that he was sound asleep in my bed.  He must have been exhausted to fall asleep while we were so close and making lots of noise-Keaton was even in the hallway in her exersaucer.  Anyway, he slept well that my sheets are now in the washing machine.
  • Around 4:30 we headed outside for a bit of playing.  They all played outside and blew bubbles until Robby came home.  The neighbor kids were all out and I had told Anderson that he had to stay in our yard unless I was outside but he could invite anyone over here.  So everyone was in our yard (I like it better that way-I can spy)
  • Then pajamas and supper.  Then they watched a movie in the living room-Reagan couldn't find the right blanket and couldn't get warm-sounds just like me.  Then the kids all went upstairs to brush and things went downhill from there.  Graham didn't want to put on his pull up and Anderson played in the water even after I had told him not too.  We had stopped doing airplane and tonight was going to be the night that we started back-but not tonight! 

No comments: