January 15, 2013

(click here for today's pictures)
  • Another good night with little coughing that we heard.  Campbell was the first one up-up all by herself over the rail of her bed (kind of nice since we didn't have to go and get her).  Graham doesn't really mind going to school and gets dressed easily.  I think he really likes spending a bit of extra time with Robby as he takes him. 
  • After they left, I had my shower and then made breakfast for everyone.  We then started on school but were soon distracted by the sleet and snow falling.  Before too long, it was time to figure our how we were going to get Graham.  Traffic was already bad downtown so it would have taken longer for him to get him.  Pops called and told me not to "get those kids out in this" and volunteered to get him.  Grannymom and Grandpa were also planning on getting him and were about to leave themselves.  
  • Pops and Nonna finally made it to our house after picking up Graham.  Pops said that the roads near us were pretty slick.  (When Robby made it home this evening, he agreed that our roads were the worst out here.)  We had been reading science and eating a snack when they arrived and Graham was tickled that I had also made him a snack.
  • We then had lunch and the kids all ran upstairs to start playing-they are truly stuck on their legos.  That is all that they play with now-but I can't explain why all of the other toys are always out of their boxes too.
  • Before too long, my Keaton was ready for her nap.  She and Campbell are feeling so much better-much happier!  Though Campbell wasn't too happy about me making her take a nap.  She is close to dropping that afternoon nap but I figure if you are sick then a nap will do you good.  I'm not sick and I nap would have done me good!  
  • While they slept, Reagan, Anderson and Graham played with a Lightening McQueen toy that involves cold water to change the colors of the cars.  So with sleet falling outside, they sat on the cold tile floor playing with icy water-um, that didn't sound like it was for me so I did some chores around the house.
  • Soon they had woken up Keaton and I sent them to watch a movie.  Keaton and I pulled out a few things for school.  It is so nice to be a bit organized with school stuff-wish I could be more organized though.  
  • I actually made supper tonight (twice baked potatoes, chicken, green beans and corn muffins)-don't be too impressed though (two of those were frozen, one from a can and one from a mix).  The kids helped me with the corn muffins.  Graham had the egg to crack and started before I was ready to help.  He had cracked the egg not over the cup and then put the shell in the cup.  Poor thing, didn't mean to make a mess and was profusely apologizing.  I could only laugh and only laughed harder when Reagan shouted "Momma's gonna put that on Facebook."  I am sure she meant that I was going to put it on the blog-and I sure did!
  • Next up was supper and then the kids put on their pajamas and were about to have their ipad and phone time.  But Ms. Shannon called saying they were cleaning out their toy room and asked if we wanted to come and see if we wanted anything.  I was about to go but asked Robby about the roads so he decided that we all would go.  So they sat in the van while I "shopped."  She had quite a few boy toys that I snagged so they will be very happy about this.
  • As soon as we made it home, it was bedtime for everyone!  And snack time for me!