April 23, 2018

(click here for today's pictures)

  • Whitman's class only takes two field trips during the year, the pumpkin patch and the zoo. Today, was the zoo field trip, and Whitman could not be anymore excited. Everyone else was excited but probably would have rather stayed home so they could have finished their very light day of school work.
  • Last night I had told the kids that from 7 to 7:30 they could play on their ipads this morning, but after 7:30 it was chore and school time. I guess that caused everyone to stay in their beds a bit longer since they couldn't ipad as long as they wanted. Graham and Whitman were the only ones awake. 
  • Soon I was having to wake up everyone because leaving at 8:15 was tough! I was very glad that I did wake up a few minutes earlier than usual because I needed every bit of that time.
  • We arrived at the zoo and were again surprised at the cool weather. We all had jackets, but it was misting and cold. I should have known that it would be cold because out of 6 zoo field trips, I remember it being cold 6 times! 
  • We met up with Whitman's class and followed the group around the zoo. Whitman did say that the monkeys were his favorite animal that we saw today. We did see an elephant up close which was neat.
  • It was a good day at the zoo. I was quick to remind Whitman that last year at Keaton's school field trip, he ran away from us! He promised not to do it again today, and thankfully he did not. At the end of the field trip, the kids played on the playground some. Then we had a little snack in the car before heading to Dairy Queen for our weekly Blizzard. 
  • Once home, I read history and a few books with the kids. Then they started on their chores and what was left of their school work. It didn't take too long and with just a bit of work, I felt much better about the state of this house. Grannymom and Grandpa came over for a bit help plant a few plants. 
  • There was also some science fair project work along with puzzle working and puzzle hanging happening. I did have a huge list today, but by the end of the day, it was pretty well marked off. Around 5, the Monday soccer players and Robby left for practice. Keaton and Campbell also went with them leaving Whitman and me home by ourselves.
  • I worked on my VBS stuff some, then read to Whitman. Next I did the treadmill and then Whitman did his reading book and practiced his science fair project. At some point, I put him in the shower and worked on next year's school. Finally, I made Whitman work on a National Park book some. He didn't mind, and I think that by the end of the evening he was as bored as I was. I enjoy being home in the quiet. I am able to accomplish a lot but after doing a lot, then there isn't much left to do! 
  • Needless to say, we were both glad to see the others come home from practice and eating out. They all had to have showers, and then it was bedtime!

No comments: