August 12, 2019

(click here for today's pictures)

  • Today was the first day of our full school. I was a bit apprehensive about it, but you know what? It went pretty well. We worked together twice, we finished everything and no one got hurt in the process. Seriously, it was a good day.
  • One thing that I realized quickly, well I was reminded of quickly, is how much time doing school really does take. From 8 to noon, I sat in the floor working with people or ran around the house answering questions. There was no time to fold the laundry that set just right beside me. And I can forget about the treadmill or anything else in the morning.
  • The afternoons aren't too much different. We work together in the afternoon-a shorter time but still about 45 minutes. Then I read to Whitman plus read a chapter of a book to Keaton and Campbell (didn't get around to that today). All of that leaves little or no time to do much at all. 
  • I was able to walk on the treadmill this afternoon for a little bit. Except the air conditioners were not working (We are on some entergy program which cuts of the air during periods of high usage to save energy.) I tried to walk but it was pretty hot in the bonus room and was just getting hotter. I just made it 15 minutes before succumbing to the heat.
  • Robby had taken Keaton, Whitman and Campbell to Menchies to use up one of Keaton's gift cards. They all enjoyed their ice cream, very much. Then they ran to Kroger to pick up some more ice cream to take tonight. 
  • My crew met them at Third Realm. Our buddies were all there too, so the kids all had a great time jumping. My people want to go there every single day. That is fine with me because it gives me some momma chatting time.
  • Once we came home, we were only home for a little bit before we went to the Crafts' house. They grilled hot dogs which were pretty yummy. We did a lot of Disney planning and note taking. It will be interesting to see if things work out like we planned it. 
  • The kids did less planning and more playing. They were incredibly loud which must mean they had a wonderful time. Dessert was ice cream and even some from Menchies. It was all delicious. 
  • We stayed out way too late so when we came home, there was lots of showers and laundry to work on. Then it was bedtime for the crew. We got in bed a bit late tonight, so hopefully everyone will sleep soundly!

No comments: