March 6, 2020

(click here for today's pictures)

  • Today was the last day of school for the week, and it was pretty great. I always enjoy the last of a 4 day school work because there is no spelling to do with everyone. This makes me super happy-also thinking about next year thrills me because I will only be doing spelling with three kiddos.
  • Doing spelling with Whitman does still take forever. Today though was the first time that I didn't feel like banging my head on the wall. I have slowed way down and am now content knowing that he will just do some spelling all summer long. We will eventually get it all done.
  • Most everyone was finished with school before 11ish. I still had to finish up a few school things and even started pulling out school for next week. 
  • Around lunch time, the kids grabbed their own lunches while I made myself some hot chocolate. I have been craving hot chocolate since we came home from our trip. It was delicious-and pretty rich. I might just make myself some tomorrow.
  • This afternoon wasn't too busy. I was actually headed to the treadmill when Graham asked if I would played basketball. I ended up outside playing a pretty rough game of basketball with Graham, Anderson, Campbell and Keaton. There was pushing and shoving and lots of fouling, but surprisingly everyone took it well and enjoyed the game.
  • When the game was over, something happened that I didn't think would ever happen-Whitman rode his bike! We have worked on this for a while now, but today I think he finally got it. We still need to work on riding, but we were super proud of him today!
  • This evening we all took Anderson and Graham to their basketball practice. While they were practicing, the rest of us went to Grannymom's house. Robby worked on their taxes while the rest of us ate ice cream. I picked up the boys, and when Robby finished up we headed to ChickFilA for supper.
  • Once we finished our chicken, we then ran to the grocery store. The kids stayed in the car while Robby and I did some speed sale shopping. Then we raced home for the kids to have a few minutes of downtime before it was finally a late bedtime on this Friday night.

No comments: