March 30, 2014-Whitman's First 1st Birthday Celebration!

(click here for today's pictures)

  • The kids woke up in time to watch the news while Robby ran on the treadmill.  Kind of odd, that all of the children just sit up there on the couch and watch the news.  Watching the news-I can think of nothing worse.  That is actually what is on right now...every night Robby turns on the news first and I zone out while I work on the blog.  Then when I am finished we start watching our other tv.
  • I had almost finished getting ready when Robby had the kids to start getting ready.  Whitman ended up in the shower with Robby while everyone else put on their clothes.  I was busy working on the girls hair-I can't imagine having more than 3 girls, oh all of the hair that I would have to do each and every day!
  • Eventually, we realized that someone was not around and it was Anderson.  He was feeling lousy and laying upstairs in the floor.  We let him lay there for awhile but then I helped him get his clothes on.  He made it up to the bonus room so he could eat breakfast with the others-though he didn't eat any breakfast.  We had already planned on him going home with Nonna and Pops after church today to avoid any bathroom issues.  I was afraid a teacher would say to wait if he asked and that just wouldn't be a good thing.
  • During church, I continually asked the boy if he was okay and he seemed to perk up quite a bit.  I think that he is just drained from days and days of bathroom troubles.  Hopefully his over the counter medicine will kick in along with some apples tomorrow.  He did seem to perk up as the day went on and is eating closer to normal tonight.
  • Robby and I worked on Keaton's class during worship care.  There were only 4 kiddos in that class and it was pretty nice.  My Keaton was the only one in the room and of course she was the cutest.  I do think that she might have been the bossiest though!    I did hear that Campbell was in her class and looked at her teacher and said "why are you so old?"  Tact is not a skill that we have worked on yet.
  • We had lunch at Nonna's house and the highlight was singing Happy Birthday to Whitman.  We didn't have our camera but Jason got quite a few good shots.  The little guy didn't like all of the attention but once he understood that the cake was to eat, he had his fingers in it in no time at all.  I can't believe that my baby is turning one.
  • The kids enjoyed playing with Nonna's new fort making kit and they played and played and fought and fought over it.  Once home, they tried to watch a movie this afternoon but our internet was sporadic so that drove them crazy.  I started a real DVD and that worked until the internet did come back on.  But in less than 2 hours, we were loading back up for church.
  • Reagan and Anderson had to go to choir early so the rest of us went as well.  The kids played until it was time for Graham's choir and my class.  Campbell managed to have a cookie or two in the coffee shop as she waited on our classes to finish.  
  • We did skip out on church tonight due to Anderson's tummy business so we had a bit of extra time at home.  The kids put on their pjs, helped pick up the house (it is amazing how clean we can get this place in 10 minutes-yes, we set the clock) and then we had our ice cream truck.  But the fun didn't end there, we also watched a game show on tv before bed before everyone.  

No comments: