December 26, 2016

(click here for today's pictures)

  • The day after Christmas and we just did exactly what you should do on the day after Christmas-slept, shopped and played with our presents.
  • Now the girls were up when Robby and I went to bed last night which was already this morning and my two little girls paid for it today. They were tired and cranky this morning but at least waking up with Lilly here too helped their attitude some. All of the girls were getting ready at 10 when I went upstairs to finally wake them up.
  • The boys did sleep in this morning but as soon as Whitman was awake he knew what he wanted to do. Last night when I put him to bed, he did not want to go to bed without the others who were watching a movie. So to help we talked about what he was going to do when he woke up-he said he wanted to eat a pop tart and watch a movie. As soon as he was awake, I helped him get a movie (Anderson had already gotten his poptart) and he laid in the floor surrounded by blankets, pillows and new toys.
  • Around 11, we loaded up to take Lilly home. Then we dropped a book off at Grannymom and Grandpa's house and ended up picking them up for our shopping trip. As we pulled into Target, we saw Nonna and Pops. My kids enjoyed shopping with all of their grandparents there and then again at Walmart.
  • We looked at Christmas stuff, toys, clothes and pretty much everything else at Target and Walmart. Oh and we were big spenders (not really)-Keaton got a pair of leggings, Reagan bought two shirts and a pair of tennis shoes, Campbell spent some Christmas money on a sleeping bag, Graham and Anderson both ended up with shoes by the time that we made it home. Oh and our big Christmas purchases were two packages of goodie bags to use next year.
  • After finishing shopping we dropped of Grannymom and Grandpa and then drove to Nonna and Pops' house to help them eat up their leftovers. We ate there and still didn't make a dent in Nonna's left over food. Then we went to Bass Pro in hopes of finding me another shirt but it didn't happen.
  • Once we came back home, the kids went upstairs to the bonus room. I told everyone that they had to open or put up one present. Then everyone started their showers. While Anderson was waiting on his, he finished his knex roller coaster. He was pretty pleased with it and it was indeed neat. Both boys spent a lot of time flying their drones-they are getting to be pretty good with them-can turn flips and navigate through the house. The girls played with their shopkins and Keaton and Reagan played with Keaton's little dollhouse. Whitman and Keaton both spent some time building with the ginormous jenga blocks.
  • We ended the evening with popcorn and coke while watching the old movie Turner and Hooch which I snoozed through most of it. Then it was bedtime for my crew.

No comments: