March 30, 2020

(click here for today's pictures)

  • Robby and I woke up early this morning and quickly loaded a few more things into our suitcases. Then we dropped off Reagan, Anderson and Graham for camp. Right afterwards Whitman, Keaton and Campbell went for a few days at Nonna, Pops, Grannymom and Grandpa's houses. Robby and I then had to hurry to the airport for our two flights to Disney. We are celebrating our 20th anniversary, and after two smooth flights, we made our way to our rooftop dinner reservations where we could see the fireworks over Cinderella's castle. 
  • Or maybe Corona happened and I worked on the shed project all day long and then went to a kids' birthday party. I know that we have missed a few trips already, but this one really makes me bummed to miss. Robby and I went to Branson for a few nights two years ago along with Oklahoma for 1 night last year, but this was going to be our first big trip since Key West 6 years ago.  
  • Now, I am not saying that today was not nearly as fun as a day at Disney, but we did work from dawn until dusk on the shed. Well, not really dawn-more like 9-and not really dusk-I quit at 5. I did tell Robby that I felt like a bad mom today since I didn't do much with the kids.
  • In my defense, Campbell and Keaton had spent the night with the neighbor. The big boys had Noah with them, and they even slept in. I didn't see Reagan until around 2 which is about the same time that I remembered that I should make Whitman lunch. Good thing, he can take care of himself and had just poured himself some more cereal!
  • Today's project was pouring some concrete on the shed along with emptying out and scooting the old shed over. We still have to get a permanent spot for the old shed, but that is for another day since we ran out of time today.
  • Tonight we had Michael's birthday party. It was a water party with a slip and slide along with lots of water guns. The kids all had a blast playing in the water-most of my big kids enjoyed watching over the little kids. 
  • We stayed until the end of the party. Reagan stayed longer and spent the night over there, while the rest of us headed home for showers and bit of ice cream before bed. I actually had two bits of ice cream before bedtime!

No comments: