December 15, 2017

(click here for today's pictures)

  • The bed was sure cozy this morning but this was the day that we were heading to Krispy Kreme to finally celebrate Anderson's birthday with doughnuts. If I had told the kids that it was school time, people would have taken forever to put their clothes on and make it downstairs. But since we said that we were leaving to get doughnuts, people were flying down the stairs dressed and ready to go.
  • I guess all 11 year olds are a bit embarrassed when their large family sings Happy Birthday to them in the middle of a restaurant. Anderson sure was today and since Campbell could tell that he was embarrassed, the louder she sang. He did quickly get over it and everyone enjoyed their doughnuts.
  • Once we made it home, it was indeed school time. The kids seemed fine with school this morning since their bellies were full. Since it was Friday, there load was a bit lighter and everyone, even Anderson, was finished with school by lunchtime.
  • Robby and I were busy in the kitchen during lunchtime-he was making sausage balls while I was working on chocolate peanut clusters and white chocolate peanut butter clusters. It is strange how just a bit of cooking and lunch for the kiddos can just destroy a kitchen. Robby and I then spent a good part of the afternoon cleaning up.
  • This afternoon, I read a few books to Whitman. I also helped some of the kids wrap their presents and wrapped a few myself. And I can't lie either, I did spend a lot of time looking at the weather forecast-snow? possibly! I just can't wait!
  • The neighbors came out and the kids played some. Graham ended up coming inside. He just really felt crummy. So before I took him, along with everyone else, to Nonna and Pops' house for the evening, I gave him some Tylenol. I could already tell that he felt better by the time we made it to Pops' house.
  • The kids stayed over there while we had our Sunday school Christmas party. They had pizza and all the kids even had showers before we arrived to pick them back up. We came to pick them up but Robby spent a good deal of time working on a light stuck in Nonna's Snow Village piece.
  • It was after 10 when we made it home, and everyone was sent right to bed. Two ballgames tomorrow along with a visit to see Santa.

No comments: